why are all the everyone analysts espn,nfl network etc all pick green bay to beat atlanta so convincingly?

last time i checked atlanta won at home against green bay, and since when does green bay automatically have a run game becuase of 1 game from james starks wtf

yeah i get ya. i mean look at guys like trent dilfer, and rod woodson. i watch both nfl network and espn all these guys really talk about is how great aaron rodgers is and how they now have james starks. like seriously and they talk as if atlanta has 0% chance of winning. doing the packers like they did the saints

and i know last game means nothing in this league but people are talking like packers are unbeatable when atlanta has already done it

Favorite Answer

I agree completely. I do hate the Packers, but everybody is counting out the Falcons.

-Do they realize that they are 2 weeks rested

-Do they realize that the Falcons D is better than the Eagles D

-The Falcons NEVER lose at home (ok, once, but the Saints are out)

-Michael Turner, Matt Ryan, Roddy White....how can you overlook them?

I do not see why the Packers are looked at as the winner of this game. The Falcons did beat them already, and I think the Falcons have more talent on their team to beat this Pack.

Atlanta 20 Green Bay 10

Actually, I think the Falcons will win. No hate towards Atlanta, but I kind of want Green Bay to win but Atlanta looks like they are unbeatable in the Georgia Dome. Packers really do look like they could beat anyone anywhere though.

• CT77

The game in Atlanta this season could've went either way. The Packers are hot right now and could very easily beat the Falcons. Everyone is so fired up over Starks because there has been NO running game all season for the Pack...they finally look like the have a guy who can step up and be a consistant RB.

Source(s): Packers-24 Falcons-20

and last I checked, the last game means nothing when it comes to the game Saturday. Green Bay is playing better than they were the first meeting. And that James Starks outburst could actually help the Falcons if the packers decide to run it too much.

Yeah, the Redskins beat the Packers by 3 points too, and the Lions beat them by 4. What's your point?

• It's hard to hit lower than 26 total rushing yards amongst your running backs. So there'll definitely be an improvement in Green Bay's running game. Green Bay has all the momentum going for them. Last time I check the Packers lost by a poor performance on special team, we've stepped that up now. Even without that if we had not fumbled in the red zone. Even without those two if we had challenged Gonzalez's fourth down conversion catch. Green Bay lost on a couple of bad calls last time we faced Atlanta, we've fixed up all our weaknesses, Rodgers (as of last weekend) has a better playoff record than Matt Ryan.

Am I suppose to be surprised by this? It seems like every time the Falcons played a playoff contending team this season, most people started counting them out to win every time. This is no different. The Atlanta Falcons are like the Tampa Bay Rays of the NFL. A great team that never seems to get attention because apparently their fanbases aren't as "loyal" as other team's fanbases because they can't sell out games day in and day out like the big market teams can. It is almost as if the experts are always sucking up to the team's with the larger fanbases. Hmm...I wonder why.

Because Green Bay is statistically better on both sides of the ball. And the falcons have been winning most of their games by luck and they played an easy schedule.

Because its more inspirational that a team that had to fight for a spot in the playoffs to win the super bowl. Nothing is inspirational about A great team like the Falcons winning. People will say, Of course they won...there the Falcons.

It's all based on the sports guys trying to get the ratings for the game. DONT MISS IT, GREEN BAY IS GONNA SHOCK THE WORLD pulls in more ratings then DONT MISS IT, THE OBVIOUSLY SUPERIOR TEAM IS GOING TO WIN.

• FIFA

While I am a Packer fan, I think all of the picks in their favor are so (if they win) people will look smart for picking a 6th seed vs 1st seed upset

• The hype is mostly on the Falcons dude I think you have it backwards only like 2 people went with them so what are you talking about?