Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsBasketball · 10 years ago

blake griffin/chalmers stare down?

griffin was unstoppable last night...no doubt..but dont you think that stare down at chalmers after the dunk was a little too much? the kid is awesome and has my vote for rookie of the year..but instead of staring at chalmers he should be staring at his teams record...i think too much show boat when you have a losing record is kinda going over board...great win for the clippers though...they put up a clinic in the 1st qtr..

Update:

u think they had beef back then in those college days??? is blake jealous chalmers won ncaa championship?

14 Answers

Relevance
  • 10 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Blake Griffin is one of the classiest guys in the game. Does anyone remember when he was at OU and Ameer Ali of Morgan State straight up flipped Griffin over his back just because Griffin was outplaying him? And what did Griffin do? He stood up and walked away without a word. Just about NOBODY else would have done that. Here's the link: www.youtube.com/watch?v=nNwcw21NAdU

So if Blake got mad enough to almost charge Chalmers, Mario deserved it. Blake has beating veteran's tails all year and is one of the top 5 players in the league already. He's taken dirty shots all year just because he's phenomenal. Glad he's stickin up for himself.

• Anonymous
    10 years ago

Blake Griffin had 24 points and 14 rebounds for his 30th double-double, and the Clippers surprised Miami 111-105 Wednesday night, ending the Heat's 13-game road winning streak.

Eric Gordon added 26 points and Baron Davis had 20 points and nine assists for the Clippers, who led virtually the entire game against the NBA's second-best team. It was just the 13th win of the season for Los Angeles.

Miami just wasn't able to close the gap after making a comeback in the 2nd half. A terrific game, Blake Griffin for ROTY.

Source(s): Blake Griffin for ROTY
  • Anonymous
    10 years ago

They're lucky the Heat underestimated them. The Heat Coach (Before the game) said "It's not like we're playing the takers" on why they chose not to practice in Staple Center. Its sad. We had a bad defense night. Next time we play the Clippers its gonna be a slaughter house. N ur right show boosting while ur on a loosing team should b against the Law. How about u worry about getting above .500

Source(s): Gems
  • 10 years ago

Blake shoved off him really hard, and Chalmers didn't like it at all. Now, Blake gets fouled 3 times more than its called for, and people are really physical with him, but so far he's kept his emotions in check.

Chalmers must've said something especially foul, because he got the T right away. Blake, as I aforementioned, really keeps all his emotions in check, but whatever Chalmers said, he really took it to heart, because it looked like he wanted to KILL him.

So when Blake had the nasty throw down, of course he mad dogged him, letting him know, more or less : "This is my house, don't you eff with me" and/or "do something about it."

Ralph Lawler, voice of the Clippers, said something to the extent of "they're not letting them fight though," after his partner remarked that the refs were really letting them play. Good thing they didn't, for Chalmers sake.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 10 years ago

I doubt the college days had anything to do with that. Staring another player down after a play makes anyone look like a no-class fool who has no intention of being truly great.... especially if their team is the clippers

• Holden
    Lv 5
    10 years ago

I don't know if any of you watched the game... but blake griffin was the one who shoved chalmers from behind. chalmers just retaliated and got in his face. blake griffin was staring at him over that confrontation. the game was really competitive and fun to watch.

Source(s): watched the game live. then watched the replay of the game.
  • david
    Lv 5
    10 years ago

Chalmers started it, Blake finished it. The Clippers are underrated, I bet they can finish .500 or better.

• Anonymous
    10 years ago

Does it really matter? He's on a losing team that wont make the playoffs this year he can do whatever he wants, like a stare down.

• 10 years ago

Yeah, that's why I don't like Blake Griffin a single bit. He thinks he everything. But just wait til his weak ol' knees give up on him. It will be soon.

• John
    Lv 4
    10 years ago

i thought it was awesome, thats what the game needs & why the 80's were so great & competetive. now everyone is friends & david stern police's the game too much with his ref's. i love that kind of stuff.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.