Okay, so next question. If my toddler does have diabetes, what is the next step?

I just posted about my son having a blood glucose reading of 208 and sugar in his urine at the ER last night. They said he needed to see a doctor for more tests which we'll be going to tomorrow. If it does turn out he is diabetic (fingers crossed he isn't), what will they do next? Will they automatically... show more I just posted about my son having a blood glucose reading of 208 and sugar in his urine at the ER last night. They said he needed to see a doctor for more tests which we'll be going to tomorrow. If it does turn out he is diabetic (fingers crossed he isn't), what will they do next? Will they automatically start insulin or will he be referred to a specialist of some sorts? I'm just trying to get an idea of how to prepare if he is diabetic. I would think they wouldn't just give him a prescription that day right? Any advice would be great, thank you.
Update: He had pneumonia when they found the sugar in his urine and drew the blood for the glucose screening, could that have been a reason it was high?