Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentMilitary · 9 years ago

What does mean 'gig' in army?

I saw a movie, when troublesome soldier was punished by 'one gig'. What this exactly mean? What kind of punishment is it?

Thank you

Favorite Answer

to make a mistake

• Diane

The first proper concert I went to was with my daughter, then about 6 or 7, to see the Spice Girls at Earls Court. I had been to Radio One Roadshows previously but don't remember seeing anyone of any real merit, the one that sticks in my mind is Timmy Mallet when he did the "Teeny Weeny, Itsy Bitsy...." song, I think that horror will be imprinted on my brain forever, a sort of self-punishment, LOL! Went to see Macy Gray at Wembley Show Box, sorry, Arena, she had Black Eyed Peas before they were famous over here and before Fergie joined, as well as Roisin from Moloko. Same place for Duran Duran too, a product of my schooldays but I was never allowed to go and see them back then, they had Goldfrapp supporting. David Gray at Portsmouth Guildhall was probably one of the best performances, he's every bit as good live as on record and we were so close that if we tried we could probably have touched him.

the term "gig" simple means that it's a mistake, error, "oops".

getting "gigged" is not a punishment, it just means you made an error

It means you got written up for doing something wrong.