Military unemployment compensation in florida?

Has anyone gotten out of the military and collected unemployment in Florida?

I'm considering getting out in 6 months to go to school and I was wondering how much you got, or if the gi bill stipend counts as earned income, how easy the whole process was, etc.

Any info from experience would be great as I can't find answers to my questions anywhere online, except for what the max benefit it is per week.

• Marine
    Favorite Answer

Go to: http://www.floridajobs.org/unemployment/claimsserv... . This is the Florida booklet for filing for unemployment compensation.

The "how much" will be determined. When I left the Marine Corps many years ago as an enlisted and went to college, I received no unemployment pay because I was paid leave on the books and when I started college on the GI Bill, I was not considered unemployed. Doubt these two rules have changed, but you could be lucky. I didn't look, but there should be a phone number that you can call to ask about your particular situation. I can guarantee that you will not be the first.

Thank you for Serving.

Lieutenant Colonel, US Marine Corps-Retired (prior enlisted, GI Bill, Platoon Leaders Class pgm, commissioned officer with 27 years total service - don't forget to consider your future employment goals while in college).

• lavell

All of those have already long gone up the place I stay. They continually do. no longer something new. electric powered in simple terms greater this is expenses final week. human beings switched to electric powered because of the fact gas became so intense. Now there is not any longer something to alter to. human beings right here went out and interior the streets and protested the hikes for years, and that they nevertheless raised expenses. some human beings's domicile gas charges right this is the comparable as hire or loan.