Is this a good thesis for my literary analysis?

I'm writing a literary analysis on "The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks," by Rebecca Skloot, and since it is a nonfiction piece, I was having trouble finding a thesis because the author is basically relaying the research she conducted on the history of HeLa and of Henrietta herself. I have a couple theses up for debate:

1. In [book title], Skloot effectively raises ethical issues associated with profits derived from the application of human tissue.

2. In [book title], Skloot convincingly builds a claim for the Lacks family's desire for healthcare benefits as a result of their beloved Henrietta's cells (HeLa cells).

Do these even count as theses?

Suggestions? Comments?

Favorite Answer

1 is good. actually, they both are. remember, the thesis is what you have to prove, so if you think there is a lot of evidence, then go for either one!