Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Is this a good thesis for my literary analysis?

I'm writing a literary analysis on "The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks," by Rebecca Skloot, and since it is a nonfiction piece, I was having trouble finding a thesis because the author is basically relaying the research she conducted on the history of HeLa and of Henrietta herself. I have a couple theses up for debate:

1. In [book title], Skloot effectively raises ethical issues associated with profits derived from the application of human tissue.

2. In [book title], Skloot convincingly builds a claim for the Lacks family's desire for healthcare benefits as a result of their beloved Henrietta's cells (HeLa cells).

Do these even count as theses?

Suggestions? Comments?

1 Answer

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

1 is good. actually, they both are. remember, the thesis is what you have to prove, so if you think there is a lot of evidence, then go for either one!

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.