Baritone Saxophone playing tips....?

I am a flautist and have been playing for about six years now....well I have joined jazz band, and my band teacher has placed me on bari saxophone which I love love love! I originally wanted to try a trumpet because I want to learn so many instruments, but bari is cool. :) The fingers are quite similar to the flute... show more I am a flautist and have been playing for about six years now....well I have joined jazz band, and my band teacher has placed me on bari saxophone which I love love love! I originally wanted to try a trumpet because I want to learn so many instruments, but bari is cool. :) The fingers are quite similar to the flute as I have always been told. My issue though is I can hit some pretty high notes and even low ones, but when I trying hitting the middle d natural in the staff I can not get the dang thing. I am not very fantastic at it yet since I just got it Monday. My sound is still kind of like a goose, and I sound even more like a honking goose when I am trying to get that d. The silly thing though is when I play an E flat scale I get to the C before it and sometimes I can hit that middle d with a clear sound for a second. I am not sure how I should keep my mouth on some of the notes. Can someone help me? And also I would like to know when do I get another reed? I have never ever played a reeded instrument before.
3 answers 3