Good European Holiday Destinations?

My friends and I are deciding where to go on holiday this year (two weeks, around July time). We are not strictly limited to Europe, but our budget probably restricts us! Last year we went to Malta and absolutely loved it. Here are our 'criteria' so to speak: - Budget: Not more than £400 for flights and... show more My friends and I are deciding where to go on holiday this year (two weeks, around July time). We are not strictly limited to Europe, but our budget probably restricts us! Last year we went to Malta and absolutely loved it. Here are our 'criteria' so to speak:

- Budget: Not more than £400 for flights and accomodation, preferably (Malta cost £245, and we had quite a nice self catering apartment).
- Nightlife: Vibrant, cheap, with a lot of choices!
- Location: Hot, and by the beach.

And, arguably the most important aspect: culture. I really don't want to go somewhere that is full of British people getting wasted in seedy, tacky clubs. Although Paceville (the main place with all the clubs) in Malta was like this to an extent, what we liked was that there were plenty of historical and cultural attractions too.
We've had suggestions such as Tenerife, Ayia Nappa, Kavos, Majorca etc. - but I really don't know what to make of any of them...

All of your opinions and advice are much appreciated, especially if you've been there!

Thanks in advance :)