Why are so many white men obsessed with weapons?

Please do not take this the wrong way. I understand a lot of people are going to hate

me for asking this question. This was not meant as a personal attack on caucasion men. It

has been an ongoing observation I have made throughout the years. I am not caucasion. I

am Puerto Rican,and am not a racist. But I have noticed for a very long time now,that,whenever

I read a book,or watch a TV show based on weapons,100% of the time,the weapon is in the hands

of a white guy. The manufacturer is a white guy. The CEO of the company in which the weapon

was produced is a white guy.The guy test firing the weapon is a white guy.The author of the book

depicting weapons,is a white guy. I am simply curious as to why this is?

Are Latinos,African-Americans, and Asians prohibited by some unknown treaty that bars them

from manufacturing weapons? I am an avid reader of military weaponry{primarily tanks,assault rifles}

Even countries that have their own weapon making plants are simply producing licensed "copies" of

weapons produced by white people. Here is a list to emphasize my point:

-China/NORINCO Type-56 (AK-47 derivative) Russia

-El Salvador/ Galil 5.56mm NATO AR,(AK-47 derivative)Russia

-South Africa/CR-21,(AK-47 derivative)Russia

-Chile/SAF SMG,9mm Parabellum (derived from SIG-SG540 RIFLE)Switzerland

-Argentina/ PAM2 SMG,9mm Parabellum (derived from USA m3 "Grease Gun")United States of America

-Argentina/PA3DM 9mm Parabellum(influenced by the UZI SMG) Israel{Jews}

-Brazil/"Imbel SMG"( a Madsen SMG .45 ACP clone)Denmark

-China/Type 79 SMG 7.62x25mm Soviet;(modeled after Kalashnikov rifle)Russia

-Egypt/"Port Said" 9mm Par. SMG,(licensed copy of Carl Gustav m/45)Sweden

-Iraq/Tabuk AR, 7.62x39mm Soviet cal.(AK variant)Russia

-S.Korea/ K1 MBT (Engineered in Lima,Ohio)United States of America

-South Africa/ Olifant MBT (a Centurion Tank)Great Britain

This list in incomplete. Mostly due to the fact that it would take up way too much space.

All these tanks and guns were originally from white countries. All I want to know is why?

The only country I did not mention due to obvious reasons was Japan.

Favorite Answer

Testosterone? Money? Greed? If you weren't a racist, it wouldn't matter because it would have never grabbed your attention in the first place...you would have only said "Hmm, I never noticed that before" if someone else had brought it up. You're either in denial or a liar.

I can tell you one thing...maybe it *is* only white men making and promoting weapons, but I can assure you that it is not just the white men interested in them. ALL men love things that go bang and boom! It's just a market like anything else.

By human nature white people make the most viewable ad Representatives. This isnt racism its market research(which ironically is based on an underlying if even subconscious racist attitude towards non whites shown by white people who make up the majority of most english speaking countries). This means that at the end of the day its most likely white people will be doing the adverts. I am a white person and get where you are coming from. The real question you should ask however is why are Americans so obsessed with guns. To answer this is simply cos they think guns are cool and blowing stuff up like in the movies is cool and so on... Gun owners in america are brought up under false pretenses as to why they should own a weapon. The end

• Ed Fox

Why should this be a concern. Most of the major corporation of the world are owned or managed by white people. It is only in recent years that both women and African Americans have been able to take their equal place in society. There are now several black owned corporations in the US, but the market for weapons is pretty well sewn up. Why go into business producing something when you know you have no hope of being able to compete with the existing large companies?

Not too sure...I guess it's just a manly thing to like weapons they think. Men of all races have a bit of an obsession. But not all of course.

You could ask the same thing about fishing.White men are in general more likely to engage in outdoor sports that use guns.Hunting, shooting sports etc...

Why are most people that ski are white ?

I agree. Its a man thing. Men have always been associated with war so guns are just kinda..idk...a guy think

I told my mother. One of the fields that promise job stability is the defense industry.

• suda

i do not imagine that it truly is EVER properly for a guy to hit a lady...except, she is 3 circumstances more advantageous than him and he has to guard himself because if so, she may no longer sense it besides lol

Its a man thing

That killer instinct.