If Democrats are the "party of the people", why are most of the Wall Street super-rich Democrats?

Warren Buffett, another Democrat, and a man I have a lot of respect for, said "“There’s class warfare, all right, but it’s my class, the rich class, that’s making war, and we’re winning.” I know why Buffett is a Democrat - he actually has a conscience, and thinks the way things have been going these last 35... show more Warren Buffett, another Democrat, and a man I have a lot of respect for, said "“There’s class warfare, all right, but it’s my class, the rich class, that’s making war, and we’re winning.”

I know why Buffett is a Democrat - he actually has a conscience, and thinks the way things have been going these last 35 years or so is very un-American and unfair to the vast majority of Americans.

But I don't think Lloyd Blankfein, for example, gives a damn about ordinary Americans. Same with the rest of Wall Street. Yet they vote Democrat.

Interesting, isn't it?

http://www.nytimes.com/2006/11/26/busine...