Dreaming unable to breathe then waking up unable to breathe.?

For the last couple nights lately I'll be having a dream, not generally a nightmare, just kind of hanging out with people or doing something. I'll first, in my dream, start listening to my breathing and start seeing myself taking in breath through my mouth. Then it starts becoming really hard to breath in... show more For the last couple nights lately I'll be having a dream, not generally a nightmare, just kind of hanging out with people or doing something. I'll first, in my dream, start listening to my breathing and start seeing myself taking in breath through my mouth. Then it starts becoming really hard to breath in general. Like something is pressing on my neck. I stay asleep until I am almost panicking and crying. Then I'll wake up, take a gasping breath and then fall back asleep.

It's happened a couple times before, but I generally just ignore it. It's starting to really freak me out. Anything you can tell me will help!
Update: Also, I am overweight, but it's not something that has affected me in the past, just recently. I have been losing weight.
I do not smoke, nor drink.