What happens if i dont pay for somthing on ebay that i bought?

I recentely bought an item off ebay yesterday, and I didnt pay for it. What will happen? Ebay sent me an email saying i have to pay for it. And i told the seller to cancel my order.

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 10 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Any auction that you win, not just eBay, is a legal and binding contract between you and the seller. If you reneged on a winning bid at a live auction, you probably would be sued for damages. If the item had to be resold and it sold for less money, the seller and the auctioneer have both been damaged.

Because many eBay transactions are not for a lot of money, you probably wouldn't be sued by the seller, because it's not worth the trouble. But this doesn't mean you are free to just blow things off. eBay foolishly took away the seller's right to leave negative feedback. But you will receive an unpaid item strike if you don't honor this contract, and if you receive three of them, your eBay account is suspended.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 10 years ago

If you are new to eBay then it will not make any difference, keep quite for a while and later on open another account to sell or buy from eBay but if you are an old customer and do not want to lose your feedback (if any) then better insist the seller to cancel the order and you will get an email from eBay to accept that cancellation. Upon your acceptance the seller will no more be liable to pay eBay the selling fee.

Hope this will suffice.

• Anonymous
    10 years ago

It is not a game Buying on ebay- you click and purchase/win - therefore you are expected to pay.

If you no longer want then you can ASK your seller to cancel, you cannot be forced to pay though,

You can always resell on ebay!

Do not leave your seller bad feedback as YOU are the one who has made a mistake

Source(s): eBay TRS Powerseller
  • Anonymous
    4 years ago

i'm no longer fairly awareness you...Did the corporate open a case?? (Non-fee dispute)...additionally, did you're making 2 money or are you announcing which you paid the 1st time, and the corporate remains asking for the fee (like announcing they did no longer receive it)? despite the case may be, you may desire to have the transaction information on your paypal account and that's info which you paid. With any case opened you may desire to deliver those information to ebay, and additionally call so as that they are able to be certain your account information. Now, in case you paid two times the corporate might desire to be sending you a "request to cancel" email. have you ever defined which you basically meant to purchase one?? i myself can no longer provide a solid answer until I totally understand what is going on....i will examine lower back to be certain in case you respond and that i will put in greater suggestion..

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    10 years ago

you have to email the seller that you dont want it and you will most likely get bad feedback and after 3 strikes i guess you'll call it your band

Source(s): expierience
  • Anonymous
    10 years ago

You probably just won't get the item until you do I imagine. Good luck

• Anonymous
    10 years ago

you will get sent to jail for life

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.