Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureCultures & GroupsSenior Citizens · 9 years ago

Will you be sad when Jamie Farr dies?

I know I will be, even though he punched me in the face.

Update:

Not that I know of.

14 Answers

Relevance
  • Tosh
    Lv 5
    9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Jamie Farr played Klinger, and I grew up watching him on M*A*S*H. When other kids were watching Barney singing about bread, I was watching that big red bird, with fuzzy pink feet, flying over Korea. He was, and still is, a real part of my life, and he had an impact on me, as did the other folks on M*A*S*H. I know many actors hate being associated with one role, but to me he's Klinger, and the idea of him dying is difficult to think about.

• Login to reply the answers
  • 9 years ago

Are you getting ahead of yourself by asking this question? Is he in ill health? His photo is up on the wall in a very well known eatery in Toledo, Ohio, called "Packos." How fitting since that's where he hails from. The walls inside Packos are filled with signed photos & signed hot dog buns of many famous people. I ate there twice & I had to take the time to look at all the photos before I left. I wish I'd taken pictures. Maybe next time, if there is a next time. It's best to forgive & forget that punch. Maybe he was having a bad day. He was turned down many times, when he wanted to get out of the Army, you know. Nothing seemed to work, did it? LOL

• lorr
    Lv 4
    9 years ago

Yes, I will !!

But as far as I know the only problem he has is rheumatoid arthritis in his hands.

He host a daily radio show on WKTJ-FM - 99.3 FM Farmington, ME (Classic Hits)

Big Hits of the 60's, 70's, and 80's! "TRAVELIN FARR WITH JAMIE FARR" ...

A DAILY FEATURE ABOUT THE WORLD OF TRAVEL SPONSORED BY FARMINGTON TRAVEL. 7:36AM MON-FRI.

• 9 years ago

If you're really Alan Alda-shame on you for even thinking that Jamie Farr will die anytime soon. I'm going first. You heard it here.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 9 years ago

Yes. The image Tosh spoke of is one of the funniest images ever in a sitcom. Klinger paragliding over Korea...

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

Hell yeah, I'm surprised that Harry Morgan hasn't joined that great big Hollywood in the sky

• Hi
    Lv 7
    9 years ago

I'm sure I will cry into my pj's, even though he punched you in the face.

• 9 years ago

No. I rarely get sad when much older celebrities die.

• 9 years ago

I'm always saddened when one of my favorite actors dies.

• Tom
    Lv 7
    9 years ago

Of course. Klinger is one of my favorite characters from MASH. Is he sick?

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.