Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureCultures & GroupsSenior Citizens · 9 years ago

Will you be sad when Jamie Farr dies?

I know I will be, even though he punched me in the face.

Not that I know of.

• Tosh
    Favorite Answer

Jamie Farr played Klinger, and I grew up watching him on M*A*S*H. When other kids were watching Barney singing about bread, I was watching that big red bird, with fuzzy pink feet, flying over Korea. He was, and still is, a real part of my life, and he had an impact on me, as did the other folks on M*A*S*H. I know many actors hate being associated with one role, but to me he's Klinger, and the idea of him dying is difficult to think about.

Are you getting ahead of yourself by asking this question? Is he in ill health? His photo is up on the wall in a very well known eatery in Toledo, Ohio, called "Packos." How fitting since that's where he hails from. The walls inside Packos are filled with signed photos & signed hot dog buns of many famous people. I ate there twice & I had to take the time to look at all the photos before I left. I wish I'd taken pictures. Maybe next time, if there is a next time. It's best to forgive & forget that punch. Maybe he was having a bad day. He was turned down many times, when he wanted to get out of the Army, you know. Nothing seemed to work, did it? LOL

• lorr

Yes, I will !!

But as far as I know the only problem he has is rheumatoid arthritis in his hands.

He host a daily radio show on WKTJ-FM - 99.3 FM Farmington, ME (Classic Hits)

Big Hits of the 60's, 70's, and 80's! "TRAVELIN FARR WITH JAMIE FARR" ...

A DAILY FEATURE ABOUT THE WORLD OF TRAVEL SPONSORED BY FARMINGTON TRAVEL. 7:36AM MON-FRI.

If you're really Alan Alda-shame on you for even thinking that Jamie Farr will die anytime soon. I'm going first. You heard it here.

Yes. The image Tosh spoke of is one of the funniest images ever in a sitcom. Klinger paragliding over Korea...

Hell yeah, I'm surprised that Harry Morgan hasn't joined that great big Hollywood in the sky

• Hi

I'm sure I will cry into my pj's, even though he punched you in the face.

No. I rarely get sad when much older celebrities die.

I'm always saddened when one of my favorite actors dies.

• Tom

Of course. Klinger is one of my favorite characters from MASH. Is he sick?