Anonymous asked in Science & MathematicsMedicine · 10 years ago

What website or magazine would someone in the Medical Profession use to keep abreast of cutting edge?

technologies..I'm a Investor asking?...Thank You


Hey..Emily..Could you describe the difference.."JAMA and AMNews".....Are both cutting edge?

2 Answers

  • Emily
    Lv 5
    10 years ago
    Favorite Answer

    The whole medical community uses JAMA (Journal of the American Medical Association). They often publish articles on technology as well as other types of medical research.

  • 10 years ago

    I would give the New England Journal of Medicine the edge over JAMA. But really, you also have to consider the Journal of whatever -medicine, surgery, pediatrics, ad almost infinitum. Many of these are available both in print and online. Alas, my local library no longer carries the NEJM since it went online. Bummer.

    When I consult my stock broker, I am amazed with her knowledge of drugs in the pipeline and promising areas of medical research. You might ask yours how he/she keeps abreast. Also try the Wall Street Journal or Barrons. I read these irregularly since I am mainly in conservative investments.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.