Why is a Plainclothes watching me?

A few weeks ago, the police did a "bust" on the apartment across the hall from me. A few days ago, the tenant was evicted. Yesterday I noticed a couple of police cars around who seemed to be watching me and my husband. TODAY a man in a black truck not only was watching my apartment (I live on the first... show more A few weeks ago, the police did a "bust" on the apartment across the hall from me. A few days ago, the tenant was evicted. Yesterday I noticed a couple of police cars around who seemed to be watching me and my husband. TODAY a
man in a black truck not only was watching my apartment (I live on the first floor right next to the road), but he was staring intently into the living room window directly at me and my husband. We are clean cut people and don't have bad records. Why in Earth do I have to feel like a criminal suspect? Should I fear some kind of arrest, even though I haven't done anything?