PS3 Vs. Xbox 360 Help?

Please give me some insight on PS3 Vs. Xbox 360. Give good detailed info and why each of these consoles are good in their own way. Thanks.

Favorite Answer

PS3's Only do everything...

Blu-Ray Player

Can connect to your computer and stream HD video and music from your PC to the PS3

Free online play

Certain PS3 exclusive titles

Very reliable and durable (Had mine for 4 years with no problems)

Many more benefits i can't think of

I don't know who said PS3s have a habit of breaking down but that is not true. XBoxs had the infamous red ring of death for the longest time.

XBoxs, you have to pay for Xbox Live in order to play online

Does not play Blu-Ray's Im not even sure if it plays DVDs

Pretty much any Xbox Game that isnt on PS3, you can get for the PC

You have to pay extra to get a hard drive, does not come standard like the PS3

Source(s): PS3 and XBox owner

A good gaming laptop will have better graphics, and you'll be able to browse the internet and use it as a normal computer too. But if you are only going to use it for gaming then don't get a laptop.They are way too expensive. But if you do need a laptop for university or something then that may be a good choice. My friend got a good gaming laptop for €850. For that price you can get a ps3/xbox and a good flat screen to play on. As for xbox vs ps3, ps3 is a lot better, in my opinion. 1) More exclusives. Games like Killzone, Uncharted, Little Big Planet, Ratchet and Clank are really good. I have been playing Killzone 3 online for a while now and im completely hooked! 2)Better graphics- In my opinion 3)Blu-ray. Watching blu-ray DVDs on a HD tv is amazing! 4)Less likely to be faulty. Although the new Xbox's are meant to be more reliable than the old ones. 5)You can run linux on it. 6)Psn is free. I don't understand why everyone says Xbox live is better, i can play online with my friends on psn and chat with them aswell all for free. I don't see why i should have to pay €50 per year for it. You will have to pay more for a ps3 than an Xbox but you will not be disappointed. My friends and I have both consoles and yet we are always playing Ps3.

I've owned both Xbox 360 and Ps3 consoles. I have found greater use for my xbox, it has better features and is easier to manage. Buying points is easy due to the fact that you can just go into the nearest gaming shop and buy some but with ps3 it's all credit cards and takes forever to set up.

My ps3 exploded 2 years after I bought it. I lost all of my data, everything. Then afterwards I bought an xbox which has turned out to be much better. Not just because of the friends on it, but for Halo.

The price of the games is around the same for them both but on PS3 there are games such as little big planet which are only sony games. Xbox owns games such as Halo which can only be bought for xbox. It all depends on your taste.

The PS3 console is much more expensive than the xbox too. Once you buy xbox live a wireless adapter and a headset it is around the pric you would pay for a ps3 but has a greater advantage due to the easier features and a less confusing set-up.

Source(s): Past experiance

The ps3 is a nice system, however not everybody in america or europe has an hdtv. The only way to get decent graphics out of it is with hdmi hookup to hdtv. Whereas with xbox its clean even with composite hookup. Online the xbox reings supreme. Xbox live is the best thing to happen to gaming since magnavox discontinued the oddysey. Graphics are a bit smoother on ps3. But xbox is just so much more fun!

please there not much different i have an xbox and my brother a ps3. I wish i had bought a ps3 rather cause of its free online where on xbox i have to pay. For me the multiplatform games are the same in terms of graphics. But ps3 have got games like uncharted. It propebly as the best graphics ever. Uncharted 3 is being released this year so if you want a great game. And the ps3 has blue ray.

PS3: Free online and you can make multiple accounts easily and not pay to have 2,3,4,5,6 so it's good for family. I has Internet but it isn't the best. Playstation Home is a game in it's self and you have an avatar and you can do bowling play chess shop ect like real life. You can also download add ons like buzz and undead zombies. PS3's are known for being more reliable than 360's so there you go. Hope I helped

Source(s): I own a PS3 and I used to own a Xbox 360

I've had an Xbox360 for a long time, and they are very durable. My friends have PS3's and I've heard they have a higher rate of breaking down or crashing than the 360. And I've seen it first hand as well. If I were you, I'd stick with the 360.

Hope that helps.

Good luck! C:

Source(s): Personal Experiance.

i have both and the choice entirely depends on what you like about gaming.

xbox advantages- Xbox Live parties allow you to chat to friends while on different games; they are cheaper, the gamers are better and the online store is better. sky player for sky customers

PS3 advantages- PSN (internet) is free; exclusives are better i.e. Gran Turismo 5 and Little Big Planet; there is BBC iPlayer, ITV Player and 4OD.

Graphics are equal

Source(s): MEEEE

xbox is better. internet is more reliable. plus it has kinect. stream netflix,put music,videos download games,demos,add-ons and xbox live partys.

ps3 is laggy. controls r teriable. freezrs alot.

both have same graphics

(when u hear how xbox gets "red ring" thats becuase of all the retarted people who put there xbox on carpet and it over heats)

Source(s): i have both

in my oppion the 360 has better games like halo and fable plus instead of giving up old exbox games u might still be able to play them like i can still play fable one on exbox360

Source(s): my home