how do i get rid of urinary tract infection?

i dont not have health insurance so going to the doctor is really expensive to get all those lab tests done. i tried making a appointment for today at several different places and all of them wouldnt be able to see me within the next 2 weeks. what should i do to get rid of it naturally

Favorite Answer

Unfortunately the best and fastest way is to take antibiotics. When I can't get to the doctors I buy a big jug of cranberry juice and drink as much as I possibly can. That and water are the best, try and drink as much as you can until you start to feel better. Yogurt helps as well, the good bacteria in yogurt helps kill the germs and other bacteria that causes UTI.

I hope this helps :)

Feel better soon.

Source(s): I know all to well how this feels :S

There are no natural home remedies for a UTI (no matter what people may say on YA). If you have a UTI, you must see a doctor to find out for sure, and to get appropriate treatment. The only way to cure a UTI is to take a full course of antibiotics exactly as directed by a doctor. (Drinking water and cranberry juice can help prevent UTI, but will not cure the infection. OTC meds such as AZO can help temporarily reduce symptoms, but will not cure the infection. Left untreated, the infection will spread to your kidneys and cause other serious problems. I understand your concern about money, but going to a doctor and getting this treated now will be a lot cheaper and easier than waiting until the infection spreads to your kidneys. Kidney infections are very dangerous and extremely difficult to treat, often requiring hospitalization and IV antibiotics, which would be much more expensive than treating the infection now. Please see a doctor.

For REAL you need to go to the doctor for this. I tried "getting rid of one naturally" before and it turned into a kidney infection and I ended up in the emergency room and almost died. I am NOT kidding around here. You need a very specific set of antibiotics to get rid of this. The pills themselves are not very expensive. If you don't have health insurance you should try to get in at a free women's clinic, and they will give you all the healthcare and pills for free.

Source(s): Had a UTI that turned into Kidney Infection
  • Drink A LOT of water and cranberry juice.

no soda for a day or two.

they also have over the counter pills for like 5 bucks.

good luck.

Source(s): get them all the time

Drink a lot of water and cranberry juice. If you are having any pain you can get an otc drug just ask the pharmacy. I think its called AZO

Source(s): personal experience

Hey, nothing to feel worried about, as this can go away by drinking plenty of cranberry juice. Cranberry juice has antioxidants in it, so that will flush it right out.

Gallons of cranberry juice. Good luck.

drink lots of water - flush it out

Source(s): worked for me