Anonymous
Anonymous asked in TravelItalyOther - Italy · 9 years ago

I am moving to Sicily, Italy and what are the minimum age requirements for...?

What are the minimum age for buying alcohol, and for cigarettes.

Also I will be 17 by the time i move to Italy what is the legal driving age for motorcycles, scooters, cars(be specific).

What is the price for a can of beer, what is the price of a normal pack of cigarettes like lucky strikes or Marlboro reds?

7 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Alcohol: 16

Cigarettes: 16

In Italy those limits are quite lax, not rare to see under-16 buying alcohol or cigarettes (esp. from automatic machines).

Drive car: 18 (need Italian driver's licence, or foreign equivalent recognised by It authorities)

Drive scooters below 50: 14 (need a licence called "patentino")

Drive scooters max 125cc/11kw: 16 with "A"-type licence specially issued (with limitations)

Over that you need to be 18, and have an "A2"-type license, for driving scooters over 125cc but with limit to 25kw; to drive more powerfuls motorcycles you need an "A3"-type: you get it if you apply specifically for it at 21, or if you previously got (at 18) an A2 that automatically converts into A3 as you're 21.

Can of beer: price depends on brand, from 1 eur up to 5 eur the most expensive ones.

I don't smoke, but Lucky Strikes tend to be around 2-4 euros (it depends if you want 10 or 20 cig), Marlboro more or less the same, maybe some smoker can be more precise ;))

Source(s): Italian.
    • Login to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    9 years ago

LOL are you moving there only to smoke and get pissed? Anyway 16 years old is the legal age for buy alcohol drinks and same for cigarettes. For driving licence you have to be 18 but at 14 you can already drive motorcycles and scooters 50 power. About the price I can only say that Sicily is generally cheaper than the rest of Italy so the can of beer shoudnt be very expensive...lucky strikes and malboro will be like everywhere in Italy, not very informed about that...probably around 5 euros.

• 9 years ago

Hi Jonathan, I'm from Italy so I can help you and give some advices.

- The legal age is 16 for alcohol and cigarettes and generally they don't ask you tu demonstrate that. Few markets can request, for their own politic, the age of 18 on selling alcoholic but don't be afraid, that's rare.

The little problem is that the automatic machines that sells cigarettes when markets are closed need that you demonstrate your age of 16 with a sanitary card that only italian citizens have. As consequence, remember to buy them when they're open!

- A can of beer costs from 50 cent (0,5 eur) to 1,5 eur, depends of beer. Commercial beers like Beck's or Heineken cost a little less than 1 eur, italian beers lesser. Imported beers like the belgian ones can cost more. A packet of 20 Lucky and Marlboro reds cost 4.60 euro and are the most expensive ones.

- You need specific licenses to drive, but in Sicily you can find some that leave you hire scooters (50 cilindrate) without any certification ;)

Hope have been helpful :-) Enjoy Italy!

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

The minimum age to buy cigarettes and other tobacco products is 16, however the law is not strictly enforced.

There is no minimum age at which alcohol can be bought or drunk, however to drink in public places (bars, etc) there is a minimum age of 16. This is not strictly enforced.

The minimum age to drive a car is 18. To drive a moped up to 50cc the minimum age is 14. To drive a motorbike up to 125cc the minimum age is 16 where the maximum speed is 80km/h; above 18 when the maximum is higher.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    9 years ago

LOL hahaahah im 16 and i could buy alcohol, beer vodka, ciggarettes, anything! knock your self out, my dad started drinking at the pub in northern italy at age 12, and my cousin smoked at age 10 lol ITALY is the best place, especially Sicily its a beautiful place!!!

For driving i think you can drive a motorcylce at age 13

Source(s): Italian
  • Lv 4
    9 years ago

moving alone? you can't only 18 years old

cigarettes? no the mininum age is 18, alchool? you can buy what you want at supermarket, wine, beer, vodka it's only illegal sell alcholics in bars and restaurant tif you are less of 16, not buying it in stores

legal driving age is 18, for scooters is 14 but you need a drive licence for scooters

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

16 I saw this at the tabacchi shop.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.