"ipconfig /release" in command control?

So I was about to hop onto World of Warcraft and I got this stupid message. After doing a bit of research, I found out that someone solved the error message by resetting their IP address. These are the instructions I followed: For Windows: 1. Click Start then Run 2. Type cmd in the run box and press Enter (a... show more So I was about to hop onto World of Warcraft and I got this stupid message. After doing a bit of research, I found out that someone solved the error message by resetting their IP address. These are the instructions I followed:

For Windows:
1. Click Start then Run
2. Type cmd in the run box and press Enter (a Command Console window should appear)
3. In the Command Console window, type ipconfig /release and press Enter
4. Wait for a few seconds for a reply that the IP address has been released
5. In the Command Console window, type ipconfig /renew and press Enter
6. Wait for a few seconds for a reply that the IP address has been re-established
7. In the Command Console window, type ipconfig/flushdns and press Enter
8. Close the Command Console window and attempt to play the game

I released it and when I tried to renew it, I got an error message saying "An error occurred while renewing interface Wireless Network connection : unable to contact your DHCP server. Request has timed out. An error occurred while renewing interface Local Area Connection : The system cannot find the file specified." So I connected my modem to the back of my computer (I usually use wireless) and I did ipconfig /renew and I only got the first error message: An error occurred while renewing interface Wireless Network connection : unable to contact your DHCP server. Request has timed out.

To be honest, I don't know very much about computers so I have no idea how to fix this. Can someone PLEASE help me? I don't even care about the original error message I was getting from World of Warcraft, I care about not having a fricking IP address or whatever is wrong right now.

Thanks in advance!! I really appreciate it.