Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Local BusinessesUnited KingdomLondon · 9 years ago

royal wedding in the uk, does this mean il get an extra day annual leave?

I work for a taxi company as a telephonist taking the bookings so don't get public & bank holidays off as standard, does this royal wedding mean il get 29 days annual leave this year instead of 28.. any uk residents that know the answer let me know, thanks :)

8 Answers

Relevance
  • 9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

not a chance

• 3 years ago

We each tutor an pastime in numerous issues. i don't understand if people are intensely involved, however the media rather takes wing on something and that they verify we've all had our fill by ability of the time the subsequent huge information adventure happens. seem what they do with Charlie Sheen and Donald Trump. good God! i'm going to rejoice with watching an adventure it incredibly is heavily planned. this is a common rite and extremely stylish. The couple is gorgeous and good. the marriage won't flow alongside with the well known-day "informal Fridays" form of venture. no person in attendance would be wearing blue denims (like I observed those days at a marriage.) this is superb to understand some issues are properly-planned and there should not be a "bloopers" version bought after the rite.

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

It does depend on your contract, you will probably be required to work, but if you get extra pay for Bank Holidays then you should get extra pay for working that day.

28 days is nothing to do with the Bank Holidays, and most Taxi firms regard Bank holidays as their busiest period, check your contract, and what you got over the Xmas New year period.

• JOHN G
    Lv 7
    9 years ago

No, its a public/ bank holiday, annual leave entitlement is up to your employer

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 9 years ago

That depends on your contract/boss. It is a public holiday, whether you get time off in lieu is up to your employer.

• 9 years ago

Hi there.

No fixed rule on this, your employer can either give you the wedding day off or not - I imagine not.

Good luck, Steve.

• The best person to ask is your employer.

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

That depends on your boss

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.