What is the best time of year to move to Tempe or Phoenix AZ? Which is better, Chandler or Tempe?

What is the best time of year to move to Phoenix az? I'm looking at moving to Tempe or Chandler around March or April. I was wondering if the summer might be a better time to find a place as the students may or may not (I Don't know) be off and out for summer. Is this true? Any other infomation about Tempe,or Chandler area would be very helpful. Which is better, Chandler or Tempe?

Favorite Answer

Defiantly move in the spring, before Arizona becomes an oven. If you need to move in the summer, do everything at night or super early morning. The snowbirds leave around April-May because thats when it gets warmer. Both Tempe and Chandler have there good and bad areas. Strange thing about the whole Phoenix metropolitan area is that on one street you could be in a well to do neighborhood and go north 2 miles and its more run down. Chandler is not as crowded as Tempe. In Tempe its close to everything and has a small light rail system.