In the Hebrew version of the Noah’s Ark myth, was it the entire world that flooded or just their village?

The Epic of Gilgamesh, which is older than the Noah’s Ark myth but is almost the same story, that legendary flood wasn’t the entire world but merely the fertile farm land between the two Babylonian rivers. Changing the story to make it seem like a god flooded the entire world killing everything seems to me like... show more The Epic of Gilgamesh, which is older than the Noah’s Ark myth but is almost the same story, that legendary flood wasn’t the entire world but merely the fertile farm land between the two Babylonian rivers. Changing the story to make it seem like a god flooded the entire world killing everything seems to me like something Catholics would make up. Does it seem likely to you?