Can a college keep you from enrolling if you refuse to fill out the FAFSA?

If so, please name the college.

I would honestly like to know ONE school that would not admit you unless you fill out the FAFSA.

People are saying you can't get into college unless you fill out this form.

I truly do not believe them.

I've asked in Education - all I get is

you'll be surprised - you'll qualify for loans

Even got an answer saying that every college will require this and will not allow admission without it.

Is this a bunch of BS?

Those top contributors in education have a one track mind that no one can afford college on their own.

• ?
    Favorite Answer

Grand daughter went through 4 yrs, graduated and never filled out the form

Finishing her Masters and has still not filled out that form.

• The FAFSA is only for financial aid. If you can afford to pay the tuition without outside assistance, there's no school that will refuse your money. Applying for financial aid is strictly optional though not many folks can afford a higher education without outside assistance.

FAFSA form is only if you're going to try to get financial aid. If you plan on paying for school directly, the School should have no problem at all in admitting you.

You do not have to fill it out. Its just for your own persona benefit to do so.

What "people" are you listening to?