promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentLaw & Ethics · 10 years ago

How can I push or find a group that supports laws that punish women who lie about rape?

Why is it so easy for women to go to the cops and say oh I was raped and that's enough for a man's life to be over!

did u know that over half of all rape accusations in court turn out to be false ? why are women who lie about rape not prosecuted? they should serve prison time not only for lying to the police but also for trying to destroy some one else's life!!!

Isn't this open discrimination towards men?

5 Answers

Relevance
  • BigRed
    Lv 7
    10 years ago
    Favorite Answer

We can agree that it's a terrible thing to be falsely accused in such a case, and that a person who has intentionally made a false accusation deserves to be punished. But my question is whether, as the person accused in such a case, you would rather that the woman vociferously maintain her position that she was raped, knowing that even if she is prosecuted, there is a good chance she will get off based on reasonable doubt, or that she recant, knowing that she can do this without fear of serious repercussion?

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Mike
    Lv 4
    10 years ago

They can, and often ARE prosecuted for filing a false police report and/or perjury (if the rape case makes it to court). It is not widely publicized, because it is in society's interest to encourage women to report actual rape, without increasing the fear that "No one will believe me."

Woman who falsely accused a man of rape, gets jail time:

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/ny_crime/2010/02/2...

• 3 years ago

first of all, there is not any statistic that asserts a million/2 of all rape accusations are fake, this is purely no longer real (a minimum of right here interior the U. S.). There are misguided citations of study that tutor whilst a rape survivor comments a rape, the suspect is by no ability caught. this actual statistic is often noted and misrepresented simply by fact the survivor submitting a pretend document. The rules and society are nonetheless slant in the direction of rape sufferers (male or lady), the final public of girls people would be sexually assaulted or raped of their lives. there is not any open discrimination in the direction of adult adult males, in actuality, adult adult males do get raped and the guidelines are presently slant against adult adult males as properly. adult adult males do dedicate rape and frequently escape with it.

• 10 years ago

Im a little confused. i thought women did get into serious trouble after being caught lying about rape.

Story: my sister had a friend who told everyone she was gang raped after going home drunk with what she thought to be a good friend.

after police investigated, they found her story seemed flawed and then questioned her again. it was at this point that she admitted she only did this to make her ex feel sorry for her and get back with her.

she was then arrested.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 10 years ago

There is a group that supports laws that punish children who lie about rape.

It is called NAMBLA.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.