Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 1 decade ago

If Gun Control doesn't reduce crime, why is Iceland's murder rate so low?

You will find that all the Scandinavian countries have very sensible, repressive guns laws. And almost no gun crime.

Favorite Answer

They're a functioning socialist country with tolerant laws and respectful law enforcement. There's no real reason to commit crimes or murder anyone.

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

Source(s): gun control doesn 39 reduce crime iceland 39 murder rate low: https://shortly.im/pdl89

I don't know about Scandinavia, maybe it's too cold. Maybe the government has everybody by the balls and they can't even fart without the authorities showing up at the doorstep!

What I do know is that I grew up in Mexico, don't know exactly what the gun laws are there but I guess they're really strict. the only ones with guns are the cops...and the bad guys, which in many occasions turns out to be the same thing. The population is at the mercy of the people with the guns, the people with power. The citizens are not allowed or able to defend themselves!! It is ridiculous! And I want to scream when people here in the US talk about banning guns, i know what would happen, I have lived it, I have seen it. It is terrifying.

People in Mexico are being murdered, raped, kidnapped, assaulted, robbed. My niece and her friend were robbed by gang members with guns a few days ago, luckily nothing else happened.

I think we all deserve the right to defend ourselves and out loved ones. I wish we lived in a Utopian society...

you know freaky person...when i read some of this stuff.i wonder if we are living amongst humans with any love in the bones.Guns are the problem.everybody walking around on some form of drugs legal or not.with a gun...now does that sound sound to you? we are always last on controlling whats good for the the world.our stance is 'no regulation 'no government 'lets just kill those we don't want and let God sort out the rest...

Well, could it be that no one wants to live in Iceland because it's too damn cold?? And there's nothing out there! Not exactly the perfect weather to commit a crime in.

No sh*T, It's too f*cking cold to even go outside, much less commit crimes out there for a living.

Gun control is being able to hit what you aim at! I bought my gun legally in a Pawn Shop in Arizona last November and no liberal scum is ever going to stop me! My brothers and sisters in the Tea Party will get me a good lawyer and I will be free!!!

Culture, and homogenuity of culture in a country have more impact on crime than the availability of guns. This is also evident when you consider the fact that the majority of gun murder in the US occurs in urban areas.

Switzerland has many guns, with mandatory military service where they have to maintain their guns at home, and they have little to no crime. Guess that blows your poorly thought out beliefs, eh?

Because, it's to cold outside for the murderers to go out and kill would be inconvenient, just as our crime rates lower in the winter and during the hottest months of the summer, with the exception of Christmas, that's just because families hate each other.

• ?

You will find that everybody in Scandinavia is required to own a gun since they all are required to be part of the military.

It's a matter of personal responsibility and they have proved that beyond any doubt.