Scientology. LRon Hubbard freely admitted that he would invent a fake religion in order to get rich. How can?

L Ron Hubbard freely admitted that he would invent a fake religion in order to get rich. He stated that the best way to get rich was to start a religion since it was tax exempt and you could trick people into gladly giving away all their money. Then he went and did just that. He was a science fiction writer (a good... show more L Ron Hubbard freely admitted that he would invent a fake religion in order to get rich. He stated that the best way to get rich was to start a religion since it was tax exempt and you could trick people into gladly giving away all their money. Then he went and did just that. He was a science fiction writer (a good one actually) so he based his made up church on aliens. It was no secret what he was doing. So how the hell can any intelligent human being actually believe that anything scientology says could possibly be true? The man flat out said it was all a lie before he started. I find it astounding that so many people actually bought his fabrication. I mean, he had a great idea, and it worked, but come on, the man told it it was all bull. How can scientologists ignore the fact that their founder said he was making fools of them?
(i wonder how much he must have been laughing at his congregation, probably even more than we laugh at tom cruise for being such a devoted alien worshipper, or whatever)
Update: @Peloristic Atheist - dont dispute her divine pinkness dude.... just dont go there! lol of course all religions were fabricated by man for wealth, power, and/or control, but some at least made a believable effort (for the time). This one just blows me away, and really goes to show how people can be made to believe... show more @Peloristic Atheist - dont dispute her divine pinkness dude.... just dont go there! lol
of course all religions were fabricated by man for wealth, power, and/or control, but some at least made a believable effort (for the time). This one just blows me away, and really goes to show how people can be made to believe anything if they really want to
Update 2: Because of the size of the massive public relations staff scientology has tasked with disinformation, propaganda, and harassment of ex-church members, there was no doubt in my mind that a couple of "members" would spring up here to call this a myth. But i am shocked that someone had the nerve to tell me i knew... show more Because of the size of the massive public relations staff scientology has tasked with disinformation, propaganda, and harassment of ex-church members, there was no doubt in my mind that a couple of "members" would spring up here to call this a myth. But i am shocked that someone had the nerve to tell me i knew nothing about scientology because i mentioned aliens. roflmao. Its too late, the cat`s out of the bag due to the freedom of information act. In the past, it required a member of the church many thousands of dollars in "audits" and "courses" before the churchs secret knowledge was shared. Now everyone knows this "secret knowledge" is the belief that alien criminals were dumped on earth eons ago and their souls possess humans in order to cause bad behavior. Additionally, church members must may huge sums of money to the church to get the "thetans" or angry alien souls removed from their bodies. Now I wasn't there, so i cannot prove for a fact that Lron did make fun of the people wh