Middle Eastern people In Mexico?

I am from mexico but but my appearance is no that of the typical mexican, rather some have told me I look more middle eastern. Do you think its possible that somewhere along the line my family came from places like Israel, Iraq, or Iran?

wow Bloop I did not know that!

Favorite Answer

Either that or maybe you have some Spanish ancestors who were "conversos" (Moorish Arabs/Berbers and Jews who were forcibly converted to Catholicism) who fled to colonial Mexico. Interestingly, quite a few of the "Spaniards" who settled in colonial Latin America were in actuality largely Moorish or Jewish by blood and from the deep south of Spain, where those communities had been more concentrated. The Moors had occupied much of Spain for over 700 years, and during this time many Jews entered the country as well. The Inquisition in the 1400s-1500s greatly reduced their presence in Spain, but thousands converted and were absorbed into the Spanish population. It's estimated that about 10% of Spanish ancestry is derived from these groups, the rest being from the people who were there before the Moors invaded (mix of Iberians, Celts, Romans, Visigoths, and others). But many who left fled to the Americas once Spain conquered those areas.

Another thing is that many light-skinned mestizos may come across as Middle Eastern-looking when you consider that they tend to look more like a Spaniard (which is typically Mediterranean white) but a bit darker than the average.

Finally, many Syrians and Lebanese did in fact settle in Mexico in more recent years. Salma Hayek is half-Lebanese through her father, and it shows in her look IMO.

The Richest man in Mexico is 100% Lebanese. Carlos SLim.

Well if you are Mexican then you know that there have always been people of mid eastern origin in Mexico.

the richest man in the world Carlos Slim is Lebanese Arab.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arab_Mexican

and here take a look at this...its a pr boy wif kindve the same situation as you.

http://www.city-data.com/forum/u-s-territories/621...

Source(s): dude of Middle Eastern descent
  • Brii

no you look Mexican.

The kind of Mexicans that were born in America, but still