I cant insert a tampon....PLEASE HELP! (girls only please)?

Okay so ive tried and tried and tried and tried and i cant insert a tampon! i try inserting it and it gets like 2 cm in and then it wont go any further. Ive tried all the strategies, using a mirror (too many things to hold), putting water on the tip, and other things but they dont work. Im a dancer and im 14 so i... show more Okay so ive tried and tried and tried and tried and i cant insert a tampon! i try inserting it and it gets like 2 cm in and then it wont go any further. Ive tried all the strategies, using a mirror (too many things to hold), putting water on the tip, and other things but they dont work. Im a dancer and im 14 so i really need help because tomorrow i have practice and i dont want to be wearing a gross pad while im dancing. This is only my 2nd period. I think i use kotex im not sure (they came in a package my mom bought and they dont say the name on the boxes because she took them out of the package.). Is there really a MUCH easier tampon for me to try? Thank you
Update: oh and by the way, the ones i use are actually really small length wise.... i dont know if there is any smaller ones that i could try or any more thinner ones.
Update 2: and yes, i have relaxed majorly. ive mad sure ive been relaxed and ive tried bunches of tips but the dang thing just wont go in!