Cara asked in HealthWomen's Health · 9 years ago

I cant insert a tampon....PLEASE HELP! (girls only please)?

Okay so ive tried and tried and tried and tried and i cant insert a tampon! i try inserting it and it gets like 2 cm in and then it wont go any further. Ive tried all the strategies, using a mirror (too many things to hold), putting water on the tip, and other things but they dont work. Im a dancer and im 14 so i really need help because tomorrow i have practice and i dont want to be wearing a gross pad while im dancing. This is only my 2nd period. I think i use kotex im not sure (they came in a package my mom bought and they dont say the name on the boxes because she took them out of the package.). Is there really a MUCH easier tampon for me to try? Thank you

Update:

oh and by the way, the ones i use are actually really small length wise.... i dont know if there is any smaller ones that i could try or any more thinner ones.

Update 2:

and yes, i have relaxed majorly. ive mad sure ive been relaxed and ive tried bunches of tips but the dang thing just wont go in!

10 Answers

Relevance
  • ?
    Lv 4
    9 years ago
    Best Answer

If you stress all the muscles tighten in the vagina and its harder to put it in. So have the tampon in your hand and put your left foot up on the toilet, trying to spread your legs a bit and open the vagina.

Then take deep breaths to relax the muscles and slowly push the tampon on in using your middle finger. If you cannot get it in it may be that your to dry, and not bleeding heavily enough.

Then I suggest you get some panty liners which are very thin pads, that cant be seen and make sure you wear black those days.

By the way pratice inserting the tampon 2-3 times, and make sure you get the smallest tampon there is.

• 9 years ago

It can be uncomfortable to learn any new technique, and tampon insertion is a new technique for you. It may or may not be actually painful, but a totally inserted tampon is not felt and, therefore, is very comfortable. After a few times, the insertion becomes automatic and you really don't feel anything. Tampon insertion should be tried when you have your period.

http://www.beinggirl.com/en_US/pages/articledetail... and http://www.beinggirl.com/en_US/your-first-tampon.j...

are pages that will help you with insertion. But if you are doing it all right and cannot insert a tampon it may be that your hymen, the thin membrane that partially covers and protects the opening to your vagina may be too small or too tight to allow the tampon in. If this is the problem you may have to stretch this opening. You can try with a little bit of K-Y Jelly on the tip of the applicator...the more you practice the more you will stretch the hymen. If you cannot stretch it yourself, you may want to ask your doctor for help.

We hear from girls daily that tell us Tampax Pearls are the easiest to insert, are reliable and have the new leakguard protection that prevents leaking. The vagina is not a hollow tube, it is a virtual space that is flat with opposing sides touching (like a sleeping bag)in cross section. The vagina is capable of stretching to fit the tampon and the design of the Tampax Pearl is made to conform to the shape of your vagina so they are comfortable.

The Tampax Pearl Multipacks come in handy to try different sizes throughout your period week. With different types of flow you need different absorbencies and with the multipack you get them in one pack. You should be using the lowest absorbency tampon for your flow and changing the tampon every 4-8 hours. If you find your tampon fully saturated before 4 hours, you should be using the next absorbent size. If you remove the tampon at 8 hours and still see white fiber on the tampon, your tampon is too absorbent...drop down one absorbency for the next time.

Your BeingGirl Experts

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

Well i think if its only your second maybe you should insert a Tampon because you need to really know your vagina and body well enough to put one in but if you really want to Just squat or put one leg on the toilet seat and relax if your tensing then its hard to put in and just slowly push it in and it doesnt jus stop right there keep pushing and pushing and if it wont go up maybe use a smaller tamponand yes there are heaps of other tampons you can use there are small ones 4 people with little flows because you just started your period so dont worry its alright and if your really concerned tell your mum and she will help you

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

If you live in the UK then Tampax compaq or tampax pearl are really easy! If you dont have these brands then any with a plastic applicator are so simple to use. If you are using tampons without an aplicator then they will be very difficult to insert as they are very dry and dont easy slide in (sorry for being graphic)

Hope you find the right kind!

Source(s): Fellow female. Years of periods.
  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    9 years ago

Playtex sport or U by kotex, slim tip are the best. It get's easier with practice.

I got my period in the 6th grade; I was 12, and the summer of that year I was using tampons. They are the best thing in the world, don't even think about it when you try. read the instructions or focus you mind on the wall.

• 9 years ago

Personally I like Tampax, but that's just me. You want to aim towards your lower back when you put it in. Before pushing in the tampon itself you want to push the cardboard or plastic inserter in then push the tampon in.

• 3 years ago

The old phrase, "looking to push a ship with a rope" involves mind. 1. The tender, flaccid penis has about as much form and structure as a handful of silly putty 2. The vagina is just not an open gap. It is more like a "abilities area," because of this that anything at least semi-inflexible has to unfold the tissues and "walls" aside to achieve entry. The combo of those two reasons would make seeking to penetrate a vagina with a flaccid penis not not like seeking to ... Good ... ... Push a boat with a rope

• Juno
    Lv 4
    9 years ago

Maybe try a smaller one they make slender ones for teens or for beginners. Your mom may use the higher absorbency kind that are a bit bigger.

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

try tampax pearl lites. and try putting the mirror down so it isnt too much to hold

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

use a maxi pad they're more comy

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.