Mass animal die-offs - Bible?

Because lots of animals are dying off and these are signs of the apocalypse in the bible, does that mean we should sit back and do nothing about this since it's all in the hands of God now? Are we supposed to care about the dead animals or... I'm confused.

17 Answers

Relevance
  • Corey
    Lv 7
    9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Die offs happen. They've been happening for millions of years. Superstition isn't where to turn. Your local public health office or the cdc are a better choice. Die-offs are frequently because of disease.

Remember last year how all the superstitious people thought that 2010 was the end of the world because of earthquakes? Well in a year you're not going to remember these isolated, largely insignificant die-offs. There will be some other natural phenomenon that happens all the time that you think is a sign of the apocalypse.

• Login to reply the answers
  • Animals have been dying off since their arrival. That's the very reason we evolved. The apocalypse is superstitious nonsense. I doubt scientists are doing nothing. They will find out the real cause, not make up a pathetic doomsday scare.

Edit: There were times when we died off in mass numbers from plagues. Now we die off in mass numbers from war. Both of the causes can be explained.

• 9 years ago

If as humans we take all of the faculties God has given us and make appropriate conclusions(ie: that is why he gave us an intellect and a soul to make good choices with) we should be able to conclude that we are not in control of anything but ourselves. Every act han an equal re-ACT-ion: pollutants play a part, time and evolution play a part and yes even God palys a part. The only part we should be concerned about is the one we have control over-OUR OWN. Finding out what that part is may help you find the solutions...

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

What mass animal die offs? If you mean the ones last week, these happen on average every three days since the Division of Fish and Wildlife started keeping track in 1965.

What has been reported on TV as unusual, is actually completely normal, and likely not related to any problems biblically or biologically.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • kubley
    Lv 4
    3 years ago

there have been approximately 6 mass extinction activities in the previous, with the Cretaceous one that killed the dinosaurs being one (yet there grew to become into an earlier greater one) the place notably plenty ALL life grew to become into affected eg flowers, animals. i'm no longer able to keep in mind the form of species killed off, yet i think of it 70-ninety% of ALL life. What happens afterwards is a huge enlargement of species variety eg upward thrust of the mammals after the cretaceous extinction. those mass extinctions can't be that perplexing to come across on the internet, rather!

• 9 years ago

Scripture that may explain why birds and fish are dying?

2 “I will sweep away everything

from the earth,” says the Lord.

3 “I will sweep away the people and animals;

I will destroy the birds in the air

and the fish of the sea.

I will ruin the evil people,

and I will remove human beings from the earth,” says the Lord. Zeph.1:2-3NCV

Enough Said!

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

All of these mass animal deaths...They couldn't have anything to do with corrupt companies that are polluting the environment and paying the EPA to keep quiet...That wasn't in the news or anything...

Stop living in a dream world. These are REAL problems, not plagues that were predicted in a fairy tale.

• 9 years ago

Mass die offs are not unusual and have been happening , on and off, forever... over 99% of every species that has existed on this planet have become extrinct... including humans. Remember the plagues?

Stop trying to find special 'signs' in natural occurances....

IMHO

• 9 years ago

With death comes life,in the rebirth/reincarnation process of Plant, Animal and Human. Honer both the dead and living.

• 9 years ago

Animals have been dying, sometimes in huge numbers, for millions of years, and will continue to do so until the end of time. It is a natural occurrence. It has no supernatural significance.

Source(s): born again Christian biologist
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.