Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in PetsCats · 1 decade ago

Are bengal cats easy to take care of?

Are they just as simple as taking care of any other cats??

9 Answers

Relevance
  • dan148
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Well I've had mine for 3 days now,and he was playing pick a boo with us last night through the vertical blinds and destroyed them.Luckily i have new ones to put up,but i think I'll wait awhile lol.I just finished cutting up raw meat for his breakfast,So i wouldn't say easy no.But i did my home work before hand and knew what i was in for.

• Anonymous
    5 years ago

The Bengal is a relatively new hybrid breed of cat developed to have a gentle and friendly temperament, while exhibiting the markings (such as large spots, rosettes, and a light/white belly), and body structure reminiscent of the wild Asian Leopard Cat (Prionailurus bengalensis). In other words, a Bengal cat has a desirable "wild" appearance with a gentle domestic cat temperament, provided it is separated by at least 3 generations from the original crossing between a domestic and Asian Leopard Cat. The name Bengal was derived from the taxonomic name of the Asian Leopard Cat (ALC), as shown above, and not from the more widely known Bengal Tiger species, which is unrelated to the Bengal's ancestry. The Bengal is a large breed - weighing between 7 to 20 pounds (lb) (3.2 kg to 9.1 kg). Male cats are generally larger than females. The face of a typical Bengal features a series of distinct horizontal stripes, popularly known as "mascara", which extend from alongside the eye to the back of the neck. The sides and top of the body are marked with spots, usually rosetted like those of the jaguar. The remainder of the body - including the legs and tail - consists of symmetrical stripes. Bengals can have either spotted or marbled coat patterns. Spots with at least two colors present (rosettes) are particularly desirable. The following colors and patterns are recognized and eligible for competition: Brown Spotted Tabby, Brown Marbled Tabby, Seal Sepia Spotted Tabby, Seal Sepia Marbled Tabby, Seal Mink Spotted Tabby, Seal Mink Marbled Tabby, Seal Spotted Lynx Point and Seal Marbled Lynx Point. Silver was also recently accepted as a color variation eligible for championship status. Blue and Melanistic (black) are additional colors that occur, but are not yet recognized by most associations that accept the Bengal breed. Bengal cats are the only breed of cat which displays the gold or pearl dusting effect usually called glitter. Its pelt has a rich smooth satin or silk feel. Even the voice of the Bengal is different from that of other domestic cats. Males and females are extremely vocal.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Some Bengals are third and fourth generation and are considered domesticated. To get the spangled coat they outcrossed a domesticated cat with a wild cat. So it's true that they are harder to keep than your average tabby due to litter box preferences, nervousness and aggression.

Source(s): pethelp.net
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Hello tune Whether you consider yourself a cat expert or a feline novice, there are always things to learn about your cat. This ebook will provide you with information you need to truly love and respect your lovely little cat.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Bengals are beautifull and love to cuddle they just ave a special diet (wet food) along whith dry (Thats not special though) and + there poop smells but really a beautifull and you should get one

Source(s): bengal owner
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Yeah, kitties are awesome. I have one, his name is Pumba. Here's a video of him :-D

• 1 decade ago

no they are wild

• 1 decade ago

no they are not domesticated

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.