Introverted guy falling for a huge extrovert....what to do?

I just saw this girl that I sort of knew in high school again. She is cute, nice and really bubbly (she seems to be really out there and fun). The problem is that I am not an extrovert...not at all. I can be really fun (and funny), but only if I am with people I've known for a while. Another problem is that she goes to a university in Oregon and I go to one in California. Also I do not know if I am being paranoid, but she said I was a "nice" guy, but the way she said it kind of sounded as if almost saying I am a boring guy. I'm hating my major and how my life is currently going and I feel that I need something to enjoy in life. I've never had an interesting relationship and never really been really impulsive or done something for the sake of doing something (kind weird thing to say, but I didn't know how else to put it). I don't think I am naturally an introvert and boring, but I have felt pretty depressed for a long time. I need a relationship and I'm always attracted to huge extroverts (ironically enough) and she seems really awesome. But I don't know if it's even worth pursuing her (her being in Oregon and that whole "nice guy" thing and the fact that she would be in a relationship with me while I feel like **** being of depressed.). so...what the hell do I do? Any interesting suggestions?

I don't know if I can run. It's almost like a catch 22.

Also, I hate myself for being an introvert. I can't live like this. I feel so terrible because of being so introverted. I guess I am almost hoping for her to help me open up or something...I don't know.

There are people who like me the way I am, but I don't like them...because they're just like me.

No one said there is anything wrong with me. I said I don't like how I am. I bore myself....If you can't even entertain yourself....If you bore yourself....you can't be happy and I am not happy.

And thanks for responding so much. I appreciate it, no one else seems interested enough, so thanks :)

Favorite Answer

Run...

Most extroverted people hate introverts. A lot of extroverts think that there is something with introverts. She probably does think you are boring. Suppose she does go out with you. She'll be constantly trying to fix you. You'll be unhappy and she'll be unhappy.

Find someone who likes you just the way you are.

Edit: See? You're falling into that trap, too. You think there is something wrong with you and you want to fix your "introvertedness". There is nothing wrong with being introverted. Introverts are normal people, too. You just need to find someone that loves you for you.

Edit: You'll find someone.... I did. My partner is very outgoing. But, we get along great and he doesn't try to change me. He accepts me just as I am. You're young. You'll meet someone eventually. Just be yourself. If someone is interested, they'll let you know. It doesn't sound like this girl is very interested in you. Let her go and move on. Finish your education. You'll probably meet someone before you graduate.

Source(s): experience (I'm an introvert).

Dude, I am a hardcore introvert and I can almost guerentee you 95% that you guys wouldn't have that much in common.

There's nothing wrong with that. Often, you may find you compliment one another. They'll get you out of your shell and out more, while you'll open up their eyes to new ideas and perceptions. Go for it, I say! :)