? asked in Computers & InternetInternetFacebook · 10 years ago

Will Facebook actually end on March 15th?

i found this site:

http://weeklyworldnews.com/headlines/27321/faceboo...

and it looks VERY convincing but i don't know if it's true. if this is true i think i might i go insane. like almost ALL my pictures are on there. and if FB actualy ends then all my pics are gone. poof. i have too many tagged pics and pics on there.

O.O fb better not end.

Someone PLEASE tell me if this is true or not.

Favorite Answer

This is the oldest question about this rumor that I could find on Yahoo Answers.

The rumor seems to have been created by mixing two different news, and I wrote an article about that which is in the source.

Facebook already responded the rumors ironically with a tweet that says, "We didn't get the memo about shutting down, so we'll keep working away. We aren't going anywhere; we're just getting started."

Ok so

1. Weekly Word News is just like The Onion. They are a faux "news" site that make fun of everything. See the links for mutants & aliens? Yeah should have been a clue.

2. Zuckerberg said that the decision to shut down Facebook was difficult, but that he does not think people will be upset.

“I personally don’t think it’s a big deal,” he said in a private phone interview. “And to be honest, I think it’s for the better. Without Facebook, people will have to go outside and make real friends. That’s always a good thing.”

That quote should have told you it was a bogus story.

Source(s): VB.NET Programmer

With www.weeklyworldofnews.com most popular article on their site titled "MEGAN FOX IS A MAN!" Would you think that WeeklyWorldofNews is a reliable source of information? I would hope not...

Update: This hoax has made it all the way to CNN. See the link in the source.

No, it's not going to end. The Weekly World News is a website that does fake news that people will believe as a way to parody pop culture. It's not true :D

Source(s): An interest in the original Weekly World News magazines? Haha.

No, We have official confirmation from Facebook Director of Corporate Communications Larry Yu that the rumor is false.

• TKS

No, I can't believe it's true or it would be all over the news, not just one little website. But it would be a good idea to back your pictures up to a disk or drive as keeping them all on Facebook is taking a chance.

Facebook is worth 50 billion dollars and one of the most visited websites of all time. If it was failing it would make top news. Not some website that has tabs for aliens and mutants.

its true. Zuckerberg says its just to stressful. and he could care less about the 7.4 billion dollars its worth. and that he just wants his old life back. simply take a deep breathe, and save all the pictures to your computer. then you wont lose any of them.

First read some of the news on the weekly world news, and then make your own meditations. :D

You can save all ur pics , wall, msgs from account settings\ download your information ...they'll send u a link to your email so u can download everything in one Zipped folder