Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Computers & InternetHardwareLaptops & Notebooks · 9 years ago

My Dell laptop will install games but when I quit and try to play again it wont load up?

I installed football manager 2011 on my laptop. I have windows 7 and my laptop meets all the required spec. I can install games and then they will automatically auto play that time, but then when i close the game and try to reload it if i double click, or click auto run, or play it sounds like it runs but then nothing happens. I have checked the status of the drive and it says 'device is working properly'. Any help is greatly appreciated!

Favorite Answer

Check task manager to see if the game executable is still running after you exit. You can also create a new user account and try installing the games under that account to rule out and profile problems. Also run eventvwr.exe and see if there are any application or system events with red X's. If there are research the event code ID.