can i live with my husband while hes in afr seasonal training?

my husband is in the air force reserve and hes gonna have seasonal training for 9 months. i know hes gonna be living in lodging but can i live with him? and if so, is it in a house or some kind of dorm or something? our stupid recuiter doesnt know anything so if you can help me i would appreciate it. thanks!

• Bob P
    Favorite Answer

If he gets billeted in an on base dorm, probably not. If they put him up in a hotel, you can stay with him. What unit & what base? I was in a reserve unit at Tinker, usually you could not get on-base housing for 9 months so most ended up off base. Ask about the availability of temporary family living units. Do you live outside of the commuting area of the base? If not, then he can live at home and will get paid some for quarters.

seanair at yahoo dot com if you have any other afr questions

p.s. it's not seasonal training like the time of year, it's seasoning training like gaining experienced i.e. "He is a seasoned veteran."

Source(s): 27 years USAFR Retired Tinker AFB, OK
  • Mrsjvb

no. if he has TAD orders and NOT PCS orders you are not authorized to join him. if he is required to live in the Barracks you will not be allowed to live with him.