Brother MFC 240c Printer Help.?

Ok, so ive had this printer for many years. Just haven't used it for a while. I bought Black ink last night for it. I was wondering why does it keep saying to replace the colored ink cartilages. But I don't want too, all i want is black ink. Please advise me and tell me how to get it off so i can use my... show more Ok, so ive had this printer for many years. Just haven't used it for a while. I bought Black ink last night for it. I was wondering why does it keep saying to replace the colored ink cartilages. But I don't want too, all i want is black ink. Please advise me and tell me how to get it off so i can use my printer. Thank you.
Update: Sorry, Ok. So im trying to use my printer. But on the screen it says Please replace color ink cartridges. Ive turned color off completely, and Ive taken out the ink cartilages, It wont seem to work, It on copy. Im just trying to print off my resume. It wont seem to work with any black ink because every time i try... show more Sorry, Ok. So im trying to use my printer. But on the screen it says Please replace color ink cartridges. Ive turned color off completely, and Ive taken out the ink cartilages, It wont seem to work, It on copy. Im just trying to print off my resume. It wont seem to work with any black ink because every time i try to start the print, it beeps a few times. Ive turned it off, un hooked it and re hooked it back up. Can anyone help me. I don't know whats wrong. I don't want colored ink at all. Im just looking on some instructions on how to make it stop telling me to put new ink cartridges in. Thanks