Separation of Church and State in America? At this point, is it technically impossible?

There is lots of art depicting and paying homage to the 'God' Pan in the US Capitol, and there was a Vatican Embassy built there. We've got gargoyles adorning some of our buildings, and tubs and even church furniture decorated with animal feet. Apparently the whole system is based on and controlled by members of the Occult. So how can there ever be a separation from state when it makes up its very core?

Favorite Answer

On Separation of Church & State....

If you do religion the way that the State approves

You get a big fat juicy tax exemption

and if you do NOT do religion the way that the state approves

You get NOTHING

therefore the State effectively REGULATES the practice of RELIGION.

• ?

The Goddess of Justice is in the Congress building, Supreme Court. Many pagan gods and goddess' are all over the US. And not a single law passed concerning them. A statue in a building doesn't mean anything. Which is why I don't care if they have the 10 commandments in a court house. The Fact still remains that out of those 10, only 2 are actual laws in the US - do not murder and do not steal. I can worship any god I want in the US - there goes the first 4 commandments. I can commit adultery. I can covet, in fact that's the American way... our economy would fall apart if we didn't covet. I can most certainly dishonor my parents and not get arrested. I can bear false witness against someone (outside of a court of law) - bearing false witness is no different than gossipping. All of the other laws in the Bible are usually claimed to be only for Israel, so do not apply in this case anyway - even if they were laws of the US, which they aren't.

Now, you are going to need more proof than simple statues that anyone is controlled by the Occult. Which, by the way, just means hidden/mystery... and doesn't the biblical god work in mysterious ways? hhmmm

Come on, you can do it! :)

I'm French, we've done it a century ago, we had gargoyles, we had the Church everywhere, we even had the Pope involved in each State decision. This is not the question. The issue is: how to convince the American people they can still be free to believe, pray... if the State and the Church are separated?

It is possible.

Religion and Spirituality Y!A would be a cooler place :)

The provision of the Constitution that prohibits the U.S. from establishing a state religion, has been so misquoted by liberals, that I don't think that even they know what they are talking about anymore. There isn't anything there about a government building displaying an architectural detail that is borderline religious in nature. Is that the best thing that you can find to occupy your time?

Why aren't you complaining about the fasces that adorn the walls of the Congressional chamber and the Supreme Court? They are the symbol of fascism after all.

the separation of church and state does not involve the arts or basis for american architecture. it is actually refering to the way the government controls/runs the basis and mandate of the people. while you do bring up excellent points, separation of church and state is very real in current government, though not in the founding of it.

• Josh6

Separation of Church and state is impossible. Here is why.

http://firmchristianity.blogspot.com/2010/10/is-it...

Show me in the Constitution, where it talks about separation of church & state.

Yet there's not a state church funded by tax dollars.

• ?

They are harmless works of art. You can appreciate art without actually believing in its alleged meanings.

• Nero

As long as religious laws are not being made, it is separate.