What does milk from the nipples of my dog mean?

I have a female Cavalier King Charles Spaniel and she began her heat cycle the beginning of October. I have heard that they can have a fake pregnancy within 30 days of getting off of their heat cycle but it has been 3 months .... so why does she all of the sudden have milk coming from her nipples? I am really... show more I have a female Cavalier King Charles Spaniel and she began her heat cycle the beginning of October.

I have heard that they can have a fake pregnancy within 30 days of getting off of their heat cycle but it has been 3 months .... so why does she all of the sudden have milk coming from her nipples? I am really good about keeping her close by when she is in heat, I have no idea how, if she got with a male dog.

I called the vet and they said the only other time she would produce milk is about a week before she was to go into labor, which is really weird, because if she was pregnant she would be due right around now. Just curious if anyone has any other ideas. I have a vet appointment for a pregnancy test but it's $40.00 just for that.

So I wanted to see if anyone had any other ideas. Thank you!
5 answers