Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentImmigration · 9 years ago

What do you think Texas Latinos there is no immigration problem in Texas who said there was we do not see it?

Local civil rights activists are fired up to discuss new immigration bills up for debate in the Texas legislature.

A bill filed by state representative Debbie Riddle would allow police to check a person's immigration status on "reasonable suspicion" -similar to the Arizona law.

She says Texans are tired of illegal immigration being ignored.

The League of United Latin American Citizens (LULAC), on the other hand, disagree.

Thursday morning local LULAC representatives and other community leaders announced they will travel to the State Capitol Tuesday -- when the legislature convenes -- to protest those bills.

The group is urging the Latino community and others opposed to the immigration-related bills to protest with them.

The caravan to the Texas Capitol will leave Tuesday morning at 7 from the Cesar Chavez Service Center located at 1504 E. Commerce Street.

http://www.kens5.com/news/Local-civil-rights-activ...

9 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    9 years ago
    Best Answer

**** immigration !! In America there are more foreigners than americans. Latinos cursed, them should stay in Their ************* countries...

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

If a person with another citizenship is looking for the "American Dream" why deny it? I agree with that person going through the legal process. A person should not be denied the opportunity that this great country offers. AS LONG AS IT IS DONE THE PROPER AND LEGAL WAY. After all was this country not founded established by immigrants searching for freedom that later became the "American Dream"?

• 9 years ago

I am sure they expected some opposition to these bills. I know it doesn't surprise me at all. In fact they probably will be waving mexican flags.

Any true American knows we can not continue letting these illegals into this country.

That lulac and laraza bunch that represents the Mexicans says its wrong for a policeman to ask for an ID from a mexican. The argument is how do you know he is illegal by looking at him and why are you targeting a particular group. Don't you find it strange if the illegals were not mexicans then why do you have these mexicans groups protesting. Don't they call that an oxymoron behavior?

• 9 years ago

Texas unmemployment rate rose last month even after they added some new jobs. granted the rate there is a bit lower than the national average, its still rising.

Theres alot of border security issues. There is a national problem with immigration , mostly in the southwest. I think states doing this is just trying to get the feds to get off their buttt and do something.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • ?
    Lv 4
    9 years ago

Texas has a different tax structure, penal system and benefit threshold than California so even while the numbers there are huge it isn't creating the same fiscal disaster in TX as it is in CA.

• 9 years ago

Take your @ss back to the country you find so great that you had to leave it. You were not invited and you do not belong here. If you want to go through the legal immigration process, good. We want you here. If not GO BACK. This is not your country.

• 9 years ago

I hope they drive that bus right back over the border, back where they belong, or to the nearest prison. Law-breaking supporters. This Country has no need for them.

• 9 years ago

LULAC members need to decide what their primary loyalty is: being a Latin-American or being a US citizen

• Gaijin
    Lv 7
    9 years ago

LULAC disagrees-Gee,there's a surprise.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.