Accident Indemnity Advantage (Aflac)?

Hi, I have this coverage because it seemed like something i might need with my son in sports and my husband and I working out, walking and jogging alot. You just never know! I have talked to the rep and I still can't get an understanding of what all it really pays for regular accident visits. The emergency room is much more easier. My son saw the doctor and got an x-ray. He has been to the chiropractor 5 times for a different injury. My rep says that is covered too. So confused! Does anyone have this and how do you like it?

Favorite Answer

I am an Aflac associate - but I owned Aflac Accident prior to representing them. It is one reason I do. I always advise using urgent care or your md unless it is a True emergency as the cost is so much higher to visit the er. The coverage pays with most current plans $120. for the initial visit from any doctor - so the er is just costing your more. Aflac does not consider what the MD or hospital bill is - it pays flat amount per your coverage for specific events. The smaller claims - smaller amounts. Larger claims - more. Follow up visits for an accident are limited to 6 and may be $25 or $35 depending on your plan. Physical Therapy can use up to 10 - but must be a licensed therapist (some chiropractors are, some are not). The list goes on.

Hospital inpatient is substantial, by my check book any way.

Probably easier to give you some examples: My son had Poison ivy and had to go to the md for prescription meds. $120. He broke his toe - several hundred. A client was hospitalized with a severe fracture, surgery and etc. over $5,000. Another was in ICU for some time after a motor cycle accident - over $9K. The more severe the event the more it helps give you money that you use as needed. Aflac does not pay the dr. or Hosp. but is designed to give you $ to help as needed. The list could go on but hopefully you get the idea. Always see the md within 3 days of the event. If you pick up something and your back pulls - don't stay and suffer. If you turn your anke running - maybe ice it down but if it still hurts in the am - see the dr. Get itemized bills from er's and make sure the diagnosis is on your receipt. Many claims have a lump sum $ and they will need to know the size and stitches, open or closed fracture and so on. Your agent should be available to help you with claims when they occur, and with a boy in sports - you'll probably need it.

My son has broken a toe, nose, arm and ankle - plus xrays for things that were not broken - taken stitches and so on. I have broke a tooth, torn a rotator cuff, got something in my eye and had to go to the eye dr. and so on. Accidents happen.

Aflac Accident Policy

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

Accident Indemnity Advantage (Aflac)?

Hi, I have this coverage because it seemed like something i might need with my son in sports and my husband and I working out, walking and jogging alot. You just never know! I have talked to the rep and I still can't get an understanding of what all it really pays for regular accident visits....

Source(s): accident indemnity advantage aflac: https://tr.im/n4bsl

Just be positive about it. Maybe you can get disability checks.