What are my chances for getting in to the Huntsman Program at Upenn?

Hi, I go to a Virginia public high school that send students to ivy league schools a good amount of times. I am from tunisia, africa and i really want to go to Penn but, i especially want to get into the huntsman program.

All ap/honor classes with 5's and 4's on the exams and i was dual enrolled in Entrepreneurship class

graduate with an advanced diploma with a civic seal for my community service

Gpa of 4 to 4.2 (hopefully)

sat 2300

Sat II french- 790 and math 2 - 780

I speak french, arabic, and am learning chinese(self taught)

EC

-officer in deca 4yrs, 2nd place in marketing competition

-vp Future Business Leaders of America 4yrs, 2nd place in finance. regional winners in Business management

-model un 3yrs- president. parliamentarian, ambassador of tunisia,regional leader of africa/middle east, competition winner

french honor society 4yrs- officer

french club 4yrs-officer

muslim student assoc 4yrs- pres

NHS-treasurer

Sports

-ultimate frisbee

-track

-varsity soccer

Work experience-

-soccer referee 6yrs

-internship at tunisian state departement

-internship at pricewaterhousecoopers paris

-internship town of herndon, VA finance departement

-attended Wharton leadership in the Business world summer program

Great reccomendations and essay

Is there any thing else i could do? What are my chances? Thanks. I'd love to comments from students at penn or etc.

Favorite Answer

I bet you'll get in. You've got good ec's, good SAT scores, good grades despite a rigorous courseload. As always, a certain amount of it always comes down to luck. . .schools like wharton could literally drop every student they accept, take the next 550, drop them, take the next 550, drop them, take the next 550 and still have kids with essentially the same stats. That being said, I think it would be hard to be in a more competitive position than you are in. I'm not in Huntsman but I have several friends who are and you're stats are in line with theirs. The trick is, so many of the slots are already filled since huntsman accepts about half of it's students ed. Good luck

Source(s): current wharton student (2014)

Huntsman Program

Hi,

To be honest, Chinese is not an easy language to learn.

But with Rocket Chinese, learning to speak Chinese fluently and confidently is not that hard.

One of my friend from Malaysia tried it out and he can now understand what I'm talking about when I speak in Chinese.

Sometimes, he speak with me in Chinese when he feels to and it really helps him to improve by practicing.

It's a really good learning course to look at.

加油!