promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

Do you believe this Israeli vulture detained in Saudi Arabia really is a Zionist spy?

Saudi Arabian officials have "detained" a vulture on accusations of being a spy for Israel, media reports say.

The griffon vulture was carrying a GPS transmitter bearing the name of Tel Aviv University, prompting rumours it was part of a Zionist plot.

Israeli wildlife officials dismissed the claims as ludicrous and expressed concern about the bird's fate.

Last month, Egyptian officials implied the Israeli spy agency Mossad was to blame for shark attacks off its coast.

The vulture, which can have a wing span of up to 265cm (8ft 8in), was caught after it landed in the desert city of Hyaal a few days ago.

When locals discovered the GPS transmitter, they suspected the worst and handed it over to the security forces, said Israel's Ma'ariv newspaper.

Conspiracy theories quickly began circulating in Saudi newspapers and on websites that the bird was involved in espionage.

Source: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-121202...

10 Answers

Relevance
  • 9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Because, of course, spy agencies put obvious identifying labels on their equipment...

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 9 years ago

Mind blowing. I thought you were joking until I read the link.

PS for the other poster: There is no Israeli organ theft issue in haiti.

There was an insane allegation made on a youtube video by a man from Seattle with no experience or information involving Haiti. And of course, just as many believe in mossad sharks and spying vultures, some have spread that falsehood as well.

As for Haitians...They are EXTREMELY happy that Israel sent such massive medical aid and so quickly (as Israel tends to do for humanitarian crises around the world).

• 4 years ago

Propaganda. This is reported by "news" (propaganda) outlets as a "news" story. More daily anti-Israel propaganda. Of course there was "evidence", the vulture had a Tel Aviv university tag. Just like the shark that was trained by Israel to kill people off a Sinai beach and just like people are told, and believe, it was the Mossad the killed the Coptic Christians in Egypt last week and not really the murderers/ terrorists who really did. Anything, no matter how far fetched, will be used to slander Israel daily by those who hate Jews. It only happens to Israel, it would not be reported or accepted if it happened to any other nation.

• 9 years ago

It was a GPS tagged vulture from the university. It didn't have a spy camera on it. It's not a high altitude reconnaissance plane LOL

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 9 years ago

That's no worse than paranoid Jews constantly painting the entire world with their "anti-semite" brush. Talk about paranoid conspiracy theories LOL.

• 9 years ago

Recruiting vultures for espionage and pigeons for long distance communications are old stratagems.

• 9 years ago

I'm going to stock up on Golden BB's for those flocks of Canadian geese double-agents!

• 9 years ago

I can understand why the Saudis may think this but I don't think it's true. It's possible though...

• David
    Lv 7
    9 years ago

I think I need to share my meds with the Saudis.

• 9 years ago

It is possible. I guess....

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.