Who are the 3400 people who complained about Eastenders?

Who are these people who complain ? Really do they have nothing better to do with their time than complain about a story, which is all it is. Any piece of tv, whether its soap, drama, comedy or a film is just storytelling.

I wonder if these people also complain about books they don't like, assuming they can actually read of course!

If you don't like the sound of a particular story then switch off. i ahte anything to do with gangs so when Enders had the gang story last year when Jack got shot i didn't watch for 2 weeks. Then i carried on watching when the story was over.

I was also wondering what makes this storyline so much more controversial than all the others that involve people being shot (and either killed or left no longer able to have chi...ldren), bludgeoned to death, throwing themselves off tall buildings, being hit by cars, disowned by their families for being gay, committing adultery with their husband's father/brother/son/wife's mother/sister/daughter which then leads to someone being shot, bludgeoned to death, hit by a car, etc etc etc.

I find the people who complain worse than the Eastenders scriptwriters!

Favorite Answer

I agree!!!!

I remember years ago my aunt complained because they showed a "gay kiss" lol come on!!!! She is very snobby though so maybe the people that complain are the snobby ones who think they have the right and authority to tell someone or some company what they think of them?? God only knows but I think it is pathetic.

To tell you the truth, I honestly enjoyed the story. I have never felt so much emotion in my life from watching a fictional story. Kat and Alfie were amazing and my heart broke for Ronnie. (Im sad she is leaving)

Source(s): Mamabass - I understand you pay your licence, but so do I, and I wanted to watch that story, something new and emotional, that I actually enjoyed watching. So if we both pay our licence, and you don't want that type of story and I do who wins? The only answer is - turn to another channel.
  • ?

Well, it's well over six thousand of them now. none of them with anything much better to do it would seem! Unfortunately it just shows the complete and utter ignorance of the people concerned. They show a complete inability to distinguish between soap-land and real life - and as for all the people who complained about the story line, I suspect they are the sort who vote on rubbish like BB, IAC and XF rather than voting at a general or local election.

Well I haven't officially complained fwiw. However, you keep going on about hitting the off button - so I'll keep saying I like watching EastEnders, for escapism and for entertainment. What's happened since Christmas has been far from either and I don't see why I should be compelled to hit the off button when I pay my License, to be ENTERTAINED. And you suggest to me what else there is to watch around the time EE is on in any case.

People are perfectly entitled to complain, if they see something they don't' like. It keeps the writers honest, or should do and if any of us sees something on TV that offends, actually I do believe they should complain.

I would have thought anybody would have been slightly disturbed that the writers of a much-loved, by many, soap, should have felt it necessary to have taken what was apparently meant to raise the awareness of cot death blah, blah, to the lengths of includng a baby swap. I doubt most parents who have suffered such a loss, have not done that!! Last thing on their minds, surely. Which is what irritates me about all this - it was far too contrived, and full of holes. It was blatently only done to up the ratings, and to make it a logical end to Charlie on the Square.

• Hevz!

What is the point in complaining on a storyline which was written and revealed months ago...?! if you're not happy with the program don't watch the bloody thing!! A lot of people think that the writers overstepped the mark and went way too far with this story including me but it's too late to dwell on it now!! People who feel the need to complain please get a life sooner rather than later!!

I don't disagree with you too often but I'm afraid I do on this one.

It's alright by me having exaggerated storylines, after all, as you say, "It's only soap."

However, these scriptwriters need to realise the ramifications of some of the more outrageous things they come up with, be it this current depressing drivel or when they killed off Mark Fowler because his AIDS medication wasn't working. How must people suffering from that terrible disease and trying to cope with life as best they could, have felt, when the Eastenders scriptwriters made it seem as almost inevitable that every sufferer would inevitably die because their medication would cease to work.

These people have a big responsibility to the viewing public and I applaud anyone with the wherewithal to get off their backsides and complain.

Totally agree. It's like when people moaned about Lucas being a pastor and a serial killer and Syed slamming down the Koran in a scene which was seen as disrespectful. The baby swap storyline in EE is not based on anything or anyone it's just a storyline and I really can't see why everyone is complaining. So much so that even Ronnie has quit over the storyline. IT'S NOT REAL!!!!!

LIKE Your way of thinking i can't believe some people would complain, i mean you would have to be mental, its only a story.

Yes i sat on my phone 6000 times, sorry eastenders...

Hear hear! I switch off most days when I think a storyline is beyond the norm.

It's only my wife who grabs the stupid remote and slaps it on again, this is when I remove my-self from the vicinity.

Before I bludgeon her to death. lol

hmm let me take a guess , all the women who actually have seen there babys in there cot dead? , i doubt they want to see what happened to them reacted , would you? and especially at new years, it just brings back bad memories,its disgraceful/:

Good point!!! Why not just turn it off and do something better with your life? I decided I thought Eastenders was rubbish so stopped watching it years ago. Didn't complain to anyone! Rubbish programme if you don't like, don't watch!