What makes society so judgmental and uncaring?

When someone commits a crime, everyone wants them to pay for it. As much as they should be removed from society, why do we not feel any regard for the fact that they are mentally unstable? When someone's threatening to kill themselves, why is it that we scorn them for seeking attention and wanting to be... show more When someone commits a crime, everyone wants them to pay for it. As much as they should be removed from society, why do we not feel any regard for the fact that they are mentally unstable?

When someone's threatening to kill themselves, why is it that we scorn them for seeking attention and wanting to be heard?

Why does society think that homeless people deserve to be on the streets? What if they just made some bad mistakes in their life time?

When a girl is beautiful, why is she so alienated by everyone? Guys objectify her, girls slander her. Why do they get no sympathy for their problems?

When people are unattractive or awkward, why are they passively ostracized?

What gives people the right to dictate morality for everyone?
Update: @PrincessKmN: Of course I'm being judgmental. As I was typing this question I thought to myself, "this is quite hypocritical of me to say, what makes me any better than anyone else?" I'm not above being human and I make negative assessments of people all the time. I was just reflecting on the fact that society... show more @PrincessKmN: Of course I'm being judgmental. As I was typing this question I thought to myself, "this is quite hypocritical of me to say, what makes me any better than anyone else?" I'm not above being human and I make negative assessments of people all the time. I was just reflecting on the fact that society seems to have a tendency to alienate people who are different for personal gratification.