Why is the word of the Lord so offensive to some people?

Young women do not forget their jewelry do they.Brides do not show up without their veils ,do they. But we have forgotten about Jesus Christ.

18 Answers

Relevance
  • 10 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Because His Words expose sins, and many love darkness rather than Light. If He had not come and spoken to us, we had not had sin; but now we have no covering or excuse for our sins.

• 10 years ago

"The offence of the Gospel"?

So many Christians fail to realise that the offence is not caused by the message half so much as the manner of its delivery. *The offence of being offensive*.

Most often it starts with their assumption that the Christian viewpoint and understanding is the correct one. Not held out as a personal belief, but as a given.

This generally leads to an insulting asymmetry

Wishing me to take their views seriously, to the point of possibly adopting them for my own, it is incredibly rare to have any Christian offer the reverse courtesy,

despite their not having any evidence at all that I arrived at my world-view with any less thought, effort or seriousness than they did at theirs.

In transactional analysis terms, they are as summing the superior side in a Parent/child or Teacher/pupil relationship, and that is, again, offensive.

• Anonymous
    10 years ago

Well, simply put it was a natural selection. To separate the good guy and the bad guy.

The point is actually that God has set the members, each one of them, in the body just as He pleased.

• Anonymous
    10 years ago

Same reason I'm offended by the bile that spews from the pen of JK Rowling.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Daken
    Lv 7
    10 years ago

Frankly, I don't care if you believe that the world was formed by a race of hyper intelligent tables, what irks me is when people get it in their head that their beliefs make them better then other people.

• Anonymous
    10 years ago

Over 33% of the world's population are Christian, compared with only 21% atheists/non-believers. There's nothing we can do for those people who do not want to believe in Him.

"There is none so blind as he who will not see."

• ?
    Lv 6
    10 years ago

Because it is not the word of god, it is the word of a man/men/women.

• 10 years ago

Jesus just isn't for everyone

• 10 years ago

because ordering people to hate their families and stone their children is offensive

• Anonymous
    10 years ago

Some people just can't accept the truth. And it was God's will for it to be that way, so pray to the Lord and endure.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.