Just go along with corruption in one's workplace, since such corruption is in every workplace?

1. It seems like almost every workplace is run by bosses and managers who are hiding information from customers, employees, and government regulators (unless the employer is the government), and who are in various ways breaking rules set by the government or by the employer itself.

2. So it seems to me that anyone who wishes to be an employee (instead of self-employed) had better just get used to "going with the flow," that is, accepting that his employer is crooked, and that he or she, as an employee, will have be crooked too.

3. So, ironically, it seems like the only people who can live an entirely honest life are those who are rich. They can be honest because they can afford to be. The rest of must suck up to and submit to the Crooked Powers That Be just to be able to eat, have clothing, have health care, etc.

4. Special individuals like Socrates, Jesus, Luke Skywalker, Neo (Thomas Anderson), John the Baptist, Abraham, Isaiah, Buddha, Mohammed, Dante Alighieri, Frederick Douglass, John Brown, Gandhi, Martin Luther, Martin Luther King, Jr., Nelson Mandela, Michael Moore, Henry David Thoreau, etc., could stand up against the pervasive corruption of their respective societies. But us ordinary cannot do stuff like that, or we end up getting clobbered like the old fool Don Quixote.

Agree or Disagree?

Favorite Answer

Since you have seriously thought out your question and can actually spell and form complete sentences (a rarity here) it deserves an answer.

The world is full of all kinds of people, and always have been. You may think that it's a mix, but it's actually quite separated- and mostly on the basis of character. Honest people attract honest people, and tend to scare off dishonest ones, assuming they are wise as well as honest. These people form partnerships, trustworthy relationships and companies that do very well. They treat their people well, they pay well- and they don't hire people who don't fit in. How do they know? I could say they sense it. They just don't hire or do business or associate with those who do not have similar values. If they make a mistake and do so, it is quickly corrected and you won't know why.

It's much harder to get in with such people, for several reasons. One, you need qualifications. Warren Buffet says "It takes 20 years to build a reputation, and 5 minutes to destroy it. If you think about that, you will act differently". True- assuming you cared. However it is true that in todays world that poor character is so common as to be seen as ordinary and acceptable.... and therefore OK to do business with. Like most, you assume that everyone does it that way. Not so- and many, including a large percentage of the very wealthy are honorable men. Not all, but most. I know a sizable number of wealthy people to base that on. And, of course can remove any and all politicians from the group.

Learn to judge character, and simply don't let those who lack it into your life, and everything changes.

40 years ago I went into my first business- and I thought I needed all the customers I could get. It grew fast; I worked hard and honestly. 5 years later, I had lost $40,000, gone through 20 lawsuits and went bankrupt. I changed my philosophy, got back on my feet and decided I would only do business with people of character- and I learned how to spot the difference, very quickly. Since then I have written off $35 in bad debt. Sued no one, nor been sued. Started 4 more businesses, now have clients in 50 states and 64 countries, and made more already this week than most make in months. And I assure you- honestly. My word is better than any contract, but you won't get it unless yours is equally good.

To join this group of people, wealth is not required- character is. You must earn the right; you must be one. If your are not one, you are one of the others- either the ones taking advantage or the ones being taken advantage of. No qualification required for that group, but know that we recognize you at a distance.... we say hello, we are cordial, but we do not hire you or let you get in a position to damage our lives.

Life is what you make it, which is mostly what you make of yourself and who you bring into your world. There will always be more weak than strong, and many fakers. Remember the truly strong do not need to keep others weak in order for themselves to remain strong; they just need to keep the abusers out. That is one of the ways to tell the difference in men, and there is a big difference. Fact is, the kind you choose to be is totally your own choice.

• Kieth

I see what you mean. The trouble is this and I am not in anyway justifying corruption when I say this. It is one things to make life changing amounts of money in the sale of your soul although I don't think any amount is worthwhile some do. It is another thing to sell you soul for minimum wage or pretty close to it. Selling your soul is no small thing and the price tag for that if you recieve it and you will will make you want to give up everything you thought you gained. The trouble with that is that you will surely have spent every dime trying to distract yourself from the sufferring that comes form breaking one's own ideal of morality and right and wrong. Even if you hadn't money won't do it. You can't buy it back. You have to earn it and depending on the cost that can be difficult.

In the end you will do what you feel you have to do to survive. There is no shame in this per se but giving yourself to it is kind of like a willing foreclosure and your soul goes to the highest bidder and believe me it won't be much. Your reputation is far more valuable than any amount to money so before you go giving in make sure you have searched for a better way of making a living. We are all in the same boat and it is sickening. You have a whole world of resources within you and maybe it is time you took a good look at that. You arent' the only one who feels the slime of our decaying societies. Those who lead in this way speak for all of us and this is truly not the Humanity that I know deep down we are capable of. Use the emotion you feel to propel yourself forth. Get out of the box and think about what you really value and cherish. Ask yourself if you are willing to give that up for chump change. If you don't you can't complain for you will be responsible also. Break away from the herd or accept your position of cow # 39549584994 or whatever you number is. Don't mean to be harsh but the corrupt flourish because the honest give up. It is just the reality of the world we live in right now. Believe in that which is right or sell it all for a cozy stable and a patch of fresh grass. Your decision either way.

Those who are willing to live outside of the mainstream of society, do not mind being on the lower or lowest economic level and who know and value their self respect do well also.

Your courage and self perception seems to be rather lacking. Do not sell your self too cheaply as life is more than the material manifestation of the present moment.

namaste

Source(s): Nearly 6 decades of observant being on this planet, living on less than $11,000 per year with a pre teen age daughter, a cat, two parakeets, a corn snake and some river snails, with squirrels who get peanuts and blue jays on the porch...life is wonderful.
  • Naguru

It is an important issue. Though it is not a question in real terms, yet it is relevant in todays conditions. The opinions expressed here are really valid. It deserves to be examined in detail from different philosophical angles. I will like to consult with my friends, relatives and my mentor about this. And then tell.

Source(s): own

Stealing clothing, stealing money, giving issues away loose on your friends or kin, giving them your cheap if you're actually not meant to,..i'm positive the list might want to move on and on, yet you get the message.

Corruption is invertible in the monetary system