Are all workplaces full of corruption?

1. It seems like almost every workplace is run by bosses and managers who are hiding information from customers, employees, and government regulators (unless the employer is the government), and who are in various ways breaking rules set by the government or by the employer itself.

2. So it seems to me that anyone who wishes to be an employee (instead of self-employed) had better just get used to "going with the flow," that is, accepting that his employer is crooked, and that he or she, as an employee, will have be crooked too.

3. So, ironically, it seems like the only people who can live an entirely honest life are those who are rich. They can be honest because they can afford to be. The rest of must suck up to and submit to the Crooked Powers That Be just to be able to eat, have clothing, have health care, etc.

4. Special individuals like Jesus, Buddha, Gandhi, Martin Luther, Martin Luther King, Jr., etc., could stand up against the pervasive corruption of their respective societies. But us ordinary cannot do stuff like that, or we end up getting clobbered like the old fool Don Quixote.

Agree or Disagree?

Favorite Answer

Agree with most of that.

• Ed Fox

Every workplace is corrupt?

Please reveal the source of your extraordinary claim.

I am a mature adult (over 40) and were this claim being made to me in person, I would be questioning the sanity of the speaker

• lein

If you define corruption as not adhering to the institutional regulations fully, then yes.

I'm guessing your institutional regulations are derived from a former governmental organization.

Source(s): Corruption, like fairness, is in the eye of the beholder.

Yes, especially NHS GP surgeries, you really do not want to work there.