What exactly is NYU's Gallatin College for?

I'm a sophomore in college planning on transferring to NYU's Law school after I'm done with my bachelors, people keep telling me to apply for NYU's Gallatin College? Something about independent studies and creating my own major? very confused. Does anyone has any advice?

ps im majoring in hospitality

have*

• Ashley
    Favorite Answer

Here is the website to the college:

http://www.nyu.edu/gallatin/about/

"The Gallatin School of Individualized Study, a small innovative college within New York University, gives students the opportunity to design a program of study tailored to their own needs and interests. When students choose Gallatin, they take on the exciting challenge of creating their own curriculum and unique plan for learning. They pursue their individual interests from a personal perspective by taking courses in the various schools of New York University, engaging in self-directed education through independent studies, and participating in experiential learning through internships at New York City's countless institutions, businesses, and arts organizations. Undergraduates experience a thorough grounding in the history of ideas and great books, and graduate students pursue advanced study in interdisciplinary modes of thought."

Source(s): Google