Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Social SciencePsychology · 9 years ago

I am 23 years old and still hadn't achieved anything in life,I feel very bad sometime so what should I do now?

PLEASE READ THIS VERY CAREFULLY, AND TRY TO UNDERSTAND MY FEELINGS,AND SUGGEST ME SOLUTION.I do not know why I am in this condition but my condition is very difficult,what is happening with me I can not understand,even in the age of 23 years my thoughts are not clear,my body language is very bad,everything is bad with me,I have no friends,all people of my age and some even younger than me are doing something in life,While I am doing nothing,I am living on my father's money,I had to drop out of college in last year of my course,and I am not Steve Jobes or Bill Gates because I do not know any skills,I just hate myself,Since many years I have been thinking that from now on everything will be good,but things have always worsened.what should I do,I just hate myself and do not want to live in this situation,I also fear from talking with peoples since childhood.I do not have the courage to do suicide,I am in real pain because neither I can live properly nor I can die.I am even consulting psychologist and psychiatrist but it is having no use.Now I THINK THAT I AM CURSED.

• Ratto
    Best Answer

Couple things to consider here, Skippy:

1. LONGEST SENTENCE EVER. You're 23 and cannot parse a sentence yet?

2. STOP your damned whining. You think you are all alone? BOO HOO, you are not.

Act like a man, instead of the biggest sissy I have ever seen here slobbering.

3. You're 23, you're a full grown person.

If you have no friends, no life, ask yourself why...could it be that you are so self absorbed that nobody wants anything to do with you?? You need to grow up, and FAST, Sonny.

4. you were on your last course and had to drop out of college. NO. You could have gotten a loan for one stinkin' semester if you applied yourself. You failed to do so. Sorry no pity here.

5. Get back in college, and wrap it up. Finish one thing, then start applying what you have learned to life skills.

6. If you cannot do that, then get your lazy butt down to the Navy recruiting office, they'll not only see that you a good education, but will do it for nothing. As a taxpayer, you can thank me later.

And finally, you think you are Cursed?

No such thing, that's the excuse that lamo slugs use when life does not hand them a boquet of red roses.

Ask yourself this:

did you get enough to eat yesterday?

Did you get nice clean water to drink and wash with?

Got all your limbs, and are able to walk?

Are you chained to a bed as a sex slave, or forced to sew soccer balls 22 hours a day for a bowl of rice?

Stop your insufferable whining, This ain't no dress rehearsal, get out and get on with your life.

And fer chrissakes STOP BLUBBERING.

I never waste this much time on one answer so consider this your wake up call.

Get crackin'

• Veena

While you are trying to figure out what you can do for yourself, if you don't need to work right a way try to volunteer your services to help others . Even if it is once a week. You can start off by asking people you know. For instance when, I have some free time I will become someones assistant for a day or a couple of hours. Sometimes they want me to pick up their cleaners, or go to city hall to pick up their city stickers. The elderly on my block-- I look in after them as well. When you see how greatful people are, you will begin to see how important you are and you will feel more worthy and happy. Go to pantry kitchens or homeless shelters, nursing homes, hospitals or teach someone to read. You are not cursed. We all go through a stall or stoppage in our life or career. In life, what you put in will be what you get out of it. Don't pay too much attention to other 23 year old and where they are in life. When you do it will throw you every time and make you feel inadequate. Sit down and write what you would really really like to do in life and make steps to get there. You say, You don't have any friends, Do you know how to be a friend? Remember always be kind and considerate of others that will draw people to you.

o.k, let me start by telling you that there are thousands of people all over the world who have similar situations as you do and most people even worse. I'm 32 and I dont have a job, you're lucky you still have a father - I have no father or mother, they're both dead!!!!

Start by thinking positively, never think anything bad about yourself, think about something you like [something positive] and do it -keep doing it e.g I like to write my thoughts down and then I started writting on a blog and 3 years on I still do it, I'm not making money from it ir anything but I'm doing something I like and it makes me happy, try to get a job no matter how low it is, i've been searching for a job too though I've worked previously for about 4 years but most of my life I haven't been working when I should have, never think about suicide - forget it. Keep living your life and if you've never prayed before start now

Okay you need to relax... in perspective, 99.6% of all people at your age haven't accomplished anything worth noting. Here I think your worst enemy is YOU. Expectations can be very crippling when they are unreasonable and out of whack. Take an inventory, sit back and take sometime to regroup without this enormous pressure you are putting on yourself.

Hey I'm in my mid-forties and I've been successful, I've done some things of note but I still to this day, don't think I've achieved anything. But everyday I need it, I remind myself that Harry Truman, former President of the United States failed at 3 businesses by the time he was 40 years old and before getting elected to the Congress. Stan Lee didn't start drawing/ writing comics until he was 40. Ridley Scott didn't make his first movie til he was 49! And Colonel Sanders of Kentucky Fried Chicken fame didn't get started until he was 66 yrs old.

Here's a link to other late bloomers: http://www.arinanikitina.com/top-10-late-bloomers-...

Now take a pill, relax and get some perspective. Also, there are not very many things in this world I am certain of but this I can be... People smell desperate and desperate people aren't successful people. It's NOT one of the seven habits of highly effective people and neither is pathetic.

• jim

Suicide is never the answer and it is not a courageous way out, but exactly the opposite. Keep working with your therapists and be completely honest with them and yourself. As for the feeling that you haven't done anything, most people have accomplished little or nothing by age 23. Can the idea of comparing yourself to other people to measure your success and measure it by the things that matter to you. Good luck.

As much as I would like to help you, you are pitying yourself. I mean, I'm just going to be blunt with you dude. Just sit down and think about your life, write down pro's and con's of your life. And eventually you'll stop thinking of cons and start writing down some pros. And I know for a fact you are just going to think of Cons first. Even if Cons over-run your pros. Try taking some Cons and seeing how they can be fixed. Dude, people have it WAY worse than you. I'm not even gunna bore you with how many problems MY family has and still is going through. And even WE aren't as bad off as some of the other people out there. And do you see them quitting? NO. And I'm trying to be inspiring, not insulting, but take it the way you want it.

Get some Vodka. Get some orange juice. Mix and drink. Get paper and pencil. Write on the left the bad issues and on the right good ones. Make Yourself an account balance. Then You'll gonna understand, from what point You should start. And what to do.

Visit a therapist and please don't commit suicide. It causes your family so much pain. Just talk to people and get help. Maybe you can move so then you'll be the new guy and make new friends. Build up your self confidence and you'll be fine.

Find a beautiful girl and you'll be happy for a change

You shouldn't get out of the college