Remote desktop connection through the internet?

we have a LAN connection at work and it is connected to the internet 24/7..each computer on the LAN has its IP confiigured properly. Now , ll i want is how can i connect to any of the computer in that LAN if i am at another location like when am home using my laptop connected to internet with a usb modem.. i tried... show more we have a LAN connection at work and it is connected to the internet 24/7..each computer on the LAN has its IP confiigured properly. Now , ll i want is how can i connect to any of the computer in that LAN if i am at another location like when am home using my laptop connected to internet with a usb modem.. i tried looking at different articles over the internet but all i got was this remote connection that i have to know my IP of the computer i want to connect to but i tried that and failed and i noticed that the IP address of all the LAN computers are just internal IP's when i tried using a software to know my worlwide ip it was totally different from that of the LAN's computers. I tried also these port forwading issue on our router to but nothing happend..it just failed! can any one help me in this.. the LAN has a d-link router that all the computers are connected!
Update: Ok, routers info: WAN IP 41.204.139.XXX
LAN IP 192.168.1.XXX
now which one shuld i use..n how?
2 answers 2