Ritz
Ritz asked in SportsMartial Arts · 9 years ago

If you practice martial arts, Does Jackie Chan look like someone you could beat up?

If you practice Martial Arts, and you look at Jackie Chan, in real life not the movies. Does he look like someone you could beat up? Or would you say hes too advanced and too strong?

Favorite Answer

Jackie Chan is an accomplished and proficient martial artist with a level of mastery that many never obtain. He is often criticized as being the weakest of the great artists below Bruce Lee (Tony Jaa, Chuck Norris, Jet Li, etc.), but this is due to ignorance more than anything else, and the fact that his roles in the movies are generally more comedic than those of the others.

It would take years and years of training to be able to compare oneself to the likes of Jackie Chan. He is certainly very powerful; and though he may not in real life do it as flashily as on-screen, he could still kick most people's ****s.

• Bill

I would say that since the purpose of Martial Arts is purely for self defense I would not look on anyone as someone I could or could not beat up. As a trained Martial Artist Jackie Chan would have the same view as well.

Thanks

Bill

• CTC

U can never tell a persons skill by the way someone looks.